College Applications and Entrance Requirements
School Subjects
Skin Disorders

What subjects do you need in order to study dermatology?

User Avatar
Wiki User
2007-07-15 21:43:09

Dermatology is a specialty field of medicine; as such, in the

United States from where I am answering this question (and in most

other places, too), one first completes Medical School then an

internship, and then may be admitted to a Certified Dermatology

residency training program for 2-4 years. Other individuals dealing

regularly with the study of Dermatology might be researchers in

microbiology, virology, or immunology studying specific disease

entities in that field, but they would not be clinicians (i.e. see

and treat patients). Certain Advanced Registered Nurse

Practitioners with a specialty in Derm. might see patients and

assist Dermatologists in their practice too. People interested in

studying dermatology ought to contact dermatologists living and

working near them, arrange an interview, and start asking some

pertinent questions.....especially "What is good and what is bad

about Dermatology?"

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.