1) Under the Articles there was only a unicameral legislature so that there was no separation of powers.
2) The central government under the Articles was too weak since the majority of the power rested with the states.
3) Congress, under the Articles, did not have the power to tax which meant that they could never put their finances in order.
4) In order to change or amend the Articles, unanimous approval of the states was required which essentially meant that changes to the Articles were impossible.
5) For any major laws to pass they had to be approved by 9 or the 13 states which proved difficult to do so that even the normal business of running a government was difficult.
6) Under the Articles, Congress did not have the power to regulate commerce which will cause competition between states as well as diplomatic issues
the people feared
no tax policy
maybe they had some problems and had to solve them on there own
They had problems already on the article itself!
The replaced the Articles of Confederation with the Constitution which gave the federal government more powers.
The Articles of Confederation was thrown out for their lack of power to deal with many problems.
The Articles of Confederation were the first national documents were drawn up before the US Constitution. The US Constitution created to solve some of the problems the Articles of Confederation' failed to properly address.
Shays Rebellion pointed out the problems in the Articles of Confederation. This lead to the production of the Constitution.
There were a number of problems with the Articles of Confederation. Some of the weaknesses included the Congress lacking power to collect taxes, the national government could not regulate trade among the states and so many more.
wrote a new constitution
Some of the problems were "No Army/militia" "No federal Government" and no trading can be done
Congress depended on donations from the states to operate.
by the bill of rights
fear of civil war
The problems of the Articles of Confederation.
To correct problems with the articles of confederation
One of the major problems with the Articles of Confederation was the fact that the government had difficulty raising revenue. This made for a very weak central government.
Because the colonists did not agree with some of the stuff in the Articles of Confederation
Instead of fixing the problems with the Articles of Confederation, the delegates drafted a new plan. The new plan was a compromise they thought most people would agree to. The US Constitution replaced the Articles of Confederation.