Where is Australia?
Australia is located in the southern hemisphere: that is why it
is sometimes called "Down Under". The Australian continent is
positioned between the Pacific and the Indian Oceans, south of
It is south of Papua New Guinea, northwest of New Zealand and
north of Antarctica.
It is surrounded by numerous oceans and seas:
- West of Australia is the Indian Ocean and to the east is
the Pacific Ocean.
- South of Tasmania and Australia's southern coastline is the
- North of Australia are the Timor and Arafura
- To the southeast, between Australia and New Zealand, is the
- To the northeast is the Coral Sea