Where is Calcium stored in the body?
Calcium is normally in your bones.
Calcium is the most abundant mineral in your entire body. Like most nutrients, we get calcium from the food we eat and the beverages we drink. Milk is high in calcium and so is many types of food. Calcium goes through the digestive system and is absorbed into the blood and is later stored in your bones as well as ECF (extracellular fluid). Too much calcium is a problem and so is too little calcium…
What is Calcium? Calcium is the mineral in your body that makes up your bones and keeps them strong. 99% of the calcium in your body is stored in bones and teeth. The remaining 1% is in your blood and soft tissues, and is essential for life and health. Without this 1% of calcium, your muscles wouldn't contract correctly, your blood wouldn't clot and your nerves wouldn't carry messages.