Auto Parts and Repairs
Ford F-150

Where is the egr valve located on a 1979 f150 with a 302?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2014-11-20 02:16:43
2014-11-20 02:16:43

The EGR valve on a 1979 F150 with a 302 is located in the center of the engine. It is close to the firewall.


Related Questions


Where is the oil pressure sending unit on a 1995 F150 truck with a 302 motor at

PCV is usually located on the valve cover sealed by a grommet. 1995 F150 2wheel drive with a 302 engine may require removal of the intake manifold. It is connected to an oil separator to keep excessive oil form entering the cylinder combustion chamber.

I don't know if it is the same but the EGR valve on my 1977 Ford 302 was underneath the carburetor at the back of a spacer

depends on the year i just did my 1986 f150 302 it was located on the front of the motor two bolts 1/2 inch and a tube on the bottom then you take off the sensor plug look under motorcraft products on the internet to see what it looks like have fun

There is a schrader valve on the fuel rail. It ought to have a black cap on it that you twist off.

1986 f150 emisson light on is their restn set

Bottom of the throttle body near lower intake hose.

Blow-by Engine showing signs of wear (rings) Try replacing PCV valve oil coming from dipstick ,means the engine is pressurizing .this is usually caused by a broken or stuck piston ring.this is a major repair

It is located at the passenger side rear of the valve cover under the intake manifold.

It is located under the intake 'horn' to the rear of the valve cover on the passenger side. You can see it if you get down low and look back along the valve cover. Your hand can actually reach under and remove it. The Vacuum hose is attached to the rear of the upper intake manifold.

you do not need to remove intake manifold to change valve cover gaskets. intake bolts to the block. valve covers bolt to the heads EDIT: Theirs some clearance issues but you can maneuver the valve cover out.

Usually on the passenger side valve cover. If you look at the vaccum routing sticker it will show it's approximate location.

Its on the upper right hand side of the motor right above the coil

The intake on the 1979 Ford 302 engine is different than the intake on the 1993 Ford 302 engine. The intakes are not interchangeable.

No the 390 is a big block the 302 is a small block.

i got an 85 f150 with the 302 and i have 140 to 145 horse

It should be located on the side of the block right above the oil pan (im guessing the passenger side)

yes it is different than a 351 windsor but there are two different ones that it could be: 15426378 or 15263748

I'm definitely no mechanic but, i have a 1979 ford f100 with the original 302 in it and it doesn't have points.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.