Here are just some notable Filipino inventors and their inventions.
1) Karaoke Inventor=Roberto del Rosario, a Filipino is claiming the right for the invention of the Sing-Along-System (SAS) that eventually led to the development of Karaoke, a Japanese term for "singing without accompaniment". Among del Rosario's other inventions were the Trebel Voice Color Code (VCC), the piano tuner's guide, the piano keyboard stressing device, the voice color tape, and the one-man-band (OMB). The OMB was later developed as the Sing-Along-System (SAS).
2) Inventor of Incubator=Fe del Mundo, the first Asian to have entered the prestigious Harvard University's School of Medicine, is also credited for her studies that led to the invention of incubator and jaundice relieving device. Del Mundo, an International Pediatric Association (IPA) awardee, is an alumna of the University of the Philippines (UP) College of Medicine. Since 1941, she has contributed more than 100 articles to medical journals in the U.S., Philippines and India. In 1966, she received the Elizabeth Blackwell Award, for her "outstanding service to mankind". In 1977, she was bestowed the Ramon Magsaysay Award for outstanding public service.
3) Moon Buggy Inventor=Filipinos consider Eduardo San Juan as the inventor of the Lunar Rover, or more popularly known as the Moon Buggy. The Moon Buggy was the car used by Neil Armstrong and other astronauts when they first explored the moon in 1969. Eduardo San Juan, a graduate of Mapua Institute of Technology (MIT), worked for Lockheed Corporation and conceptualized the design of the Moon Buggy that the Apollo astronauts used while in the moon. As a NASA engineer, San Juan reportedly used his Filipino ingenuity to build a vehicle that would run outside the Earth's atmosphere. He constructed his model using homemade materials. In 1978, San Juan received one of the Ten Outstanding Men (TOM) awards in science and technology.
San Juan, however, was not listed as the inventor of the Moon Buggy in American scientific journals. It said the vehicle was designed and constructed by a group of space engineers. In Poland, the Moon Buggy is attributed to a Polish inventor. Worse, the National Academy of Science and Technology (NAST) does not recognize San Juan in its roster of outstanding Filipino scientists.
4) Videophone Inventor=Dr. Gregorio Zara of Lipa City and a graduate of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology invented the videophone and developed the Zara Effect or Electrical Kinetic Resistance.
5)Erythromycin (Iloson brand antibiotic)=A Filipino scientist reportedly discovered erythromycin in 1949. He was Dr. Abelardo Aguilar who died in 1993 without being recognized and rewarded for his discovery. Reports said Aguilar discovered the antibiotic from the Aspergillus species of fungi in 1949 and sent samples to Indiana-based pharmaceutical firm Eli Lilly Co. The drug firm allegedly registered the propriety name Iloson for the antibiotic in honor of Iloilo province where Aguilar discovered it. In 1952, Eli Lilly Co. began the commercial distribution of Iloson, which was sold as an alternative to penicillin. Erythromycin, the generic name of Iloson, was reportedly the first successful macrolide antibiotic introduced in the US.
6)Single-chip graphical user interface accelerator= Diosdado Banatao, a native of Iguig, Cagayan and an electrical engineering graduate from Mapua Institute of Technology in Manila is credited for eight major contributions to the Information Technology. Banatao is most known for introducing the first single-chip graphical user interface accelerator that made computers work a lot faster and for helping develop the Ethernet controller chip that made Internet possible. In 1989, he pioneered the local bus concept for personal computers and in the following year developed the First Windows accelerator chip. Intel is now using the chips and technologies developed by Banatao. He now runs his own semiconductor company, Mostron and Chips & Technology, which is based in California's Silicon Valley. (Source: Filipinas Magazine)
7) Modular Housing Inventor= Edgardo Vazquez won a World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) gold medal in 1995 for developing a modular housing system. Such a system called Vazbuilt is reportedly capable of building within weeks a house with prefabricated materials that can withstand typhoons and earthquakes. Ironically, Vasquez is not getting enough support from the Philippine government to propagate his technology, which could help provide shelter to some five million Filipino families without their own homes. Vazquez is the national president of the Filipino Inventors Society.
8) Inventor of Fuel Products=In 1996, Rudy Lantano Sr., a scientist from the Philippine Department of Science and Technology (DOST), won the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) gold medal for developing Super Bunker Formula-L, a revolutionary fuel half-composed of water. The mix burns faster and emits pollutants, 95 percent less than those released to the air by traditional fuel products. The inventor said his invention is a result of blending new ingredients and additives with ordinary oil products through agitation and mixing, which is a very safe process. The initial plan was to commercially produce two million liters of Alco-Diesel, two million liters of Lan-Gas and an unlimited quantity of Super Bunker Formula-L each day for customers in Luzon.
9) Lamp Fixing Invention= A Filipino inventor has developed a technology, which could revive a busted lamp (pundido) and give it more years of functional life than those of new ones. Acclaimed by the Filipino Inventors Society as timely and revolutionary, the Nutec system can prolong the life of fluorescent lamps up to seven years. Nutec was developed by New World Technology, headed by president Eric Ngo and chosen as the "Product of the Year" at the Worldbex 2000 Building and Construction Exposition held at the Manila Hotel. Engineer Benjamin S. Santos, national president of the Inventors Society, called Nutec a timely invention.
10) Mole Remover=In 2000, Rolando dela Cruz developed an ingenuous formula that could easily remove deeply grown moles or warts from the skin without leaving marks or hurting the patient. His formula was extracted from cashew nut (Annacardium occidentale), which is common in the Philippines. The formula won for dela Cruz a gold medal in International Invention, Innovation, Industrial Design and Technology Exhibition in Kuala Lumpur in September 2000. In March 1997, dela Cruz established RCC Amazing Touch International Inc., which runs clinics engaged "in a non-surgical removal of warts, moles and other skin growths, giving the skin renewed energy and vitality without painful and costly surgery."
11) Teofilo Alfanta=He migrated to America in his teenage years aboard ship carrying sugar cane to America during early 1900's. He invented "TUBELESS TIRE REPAIR KIT" a very useful invention that can help motorist on road when encounter flat tire.
Practically all automotive tires today are of tubeless type, and which, in case of a flat tire, cannot be readily repaired by a motorist himself, while on the road,Accordingly, it is a principal object of the present invention to provide a repair kit for repairing different sizes of puncture holes through a tubeless tire.
12)Feminine Hygiene Product Inventor= Dr. Virgilio Malang won a gold medal for his invention "Psidium Guajava Effervescing Gynecological Insert", a silver medal for his "Patient Side-Turning Hospital Bed", and three bonze medals for his inventions "external vaginal cleanser", "light refracting earpick", and "broom's way of hanging" at the Seoul International Fair in held South Korea in December 2002. There were 385 inventions from 30 countries that joined the competitions.
Dr. Paulo Campos, a Filipino inventor who invented a very first nuclear medicine.
Roberto del Rosario is a Filipino who invented the sing-along system. Fe del Mundo is another Filipino who invented incubator and jaundice relieving device.
name of Filipino biological scientist
I would say Angel Alcala. This is the only Filipino Scientist that I know of, and it's one of the top Filipino Scientists\Inventors.
Father of Filipino Inventorshe invented some of the Phils. food processing machines such as the:rice grindercoconut gratermeat grinder
Angel Alcala is a Filipino inventor of artificial coral reefs and Benjamin Almeda is also a Filipino inventor who built a machine that process foods. Galileo was also an inventor, he builds his own telescope and Anton van Leeuwenhoek, who invented a modern microscope are some of the foreign inventors.
eli whitney samuel slater
Former president of the Filipino inventors' society. He was a physicist and inventor of process equipment for fiber cement manufacturing.
Benjamin Almeda is known as the Father of Filipino Inventors. He designed food-processing machines such as the rice grinder, meat grinder and coconut grater.
some of their inventors are Judelio he invented the screw also Melophites and he invented the colliseum
There are several famous Filipino writers with notable works in the Philippines literature. A few of the writers are Nicanor Abelardo, Lualhati Bautista, Genoveva Edroza-Matute, Servando de los Angeles, and Bienvenido Santos.
thomas Edison was one of the inventors
Agapito Flores is the inventor of the florescent lamp. Pedro Flores created the yo-yo. Roberto del Rosario designed and created the karaoke machine. Pictures of these inventors and their inventions can be found online.
albert Einstein is the one of the greatest inventors that ever lived who used mathematics...
Roberto del Rosario made the kareoke machine Agapito Flores invented the fluorescent lamp and idk some other cool stuff http://www.txtmania.com/trivia/inventions.php
The scientist has had some notable discoveries such as...
The Filipino inventors who are neglected and without financial support from the government but continues to pursue his invention thereby improving the lives of people not only in the Philippines are the EMERGING HEROES. The meager support offered by TESDA/DOST with restrictive requirements must be attended to by the new Congress supporter of President Noynoy for obvious reasons. Ask any regular member of FIS and he/she will agree with me.