Auto Insurance Claims

Will insurance pay if you allow an unlicensed driver to drive and an accident occurs?

User Avatar
Wiki User
2008-05-06 18:06:23

NO. By allowing a person who is NOT a licensed driver to drive

your car, you committed an offense under the state regulations, so

your insurance company can refuse to pay any claims. That is not

true in California. Unless the person is specifically named as

excluded from the policy, the insurance company will pay up to the

limits on that policy. The original question asked about an

UN_LICENSED driver. I can't think of any jurisdiction where a

person that doesn't have a state issued driver's permit , who has a

car accident would be covered by ANY insurance company. The

insurance company MUST have a clause that bans such a thing from


Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.