What would you like to do?
Are ground bees stings dangerous?
Ground bees stings are not dangerous to your health. Of course, if you are allergic to bee stings, then they would be very dangerous, but generally they are not.
1 person found this useful
Was this answer useful?
Thanks for the feedback!
Answer . \nYes they can be dangerous and some people make the mistake of not realizing that they could be wasps or hornets. In British Columbia we have hornets that live …in mud under water! Many people have been stung with them. If you or anyone in your family (including pets) are bitten give Benadryl antihistamines (ready label for adults and children) and if a pet is bit, take them immediately the vets. You are going to need an exterminator to help you rid yourself of these ground pests.
What kind of bee has hundreds of worm like holes in the ground and do not sting when you walk through them?
Answer . \nMiner bees - harmless.......
For all bee stings, first start by removing the stinger. Place acold compress to soothe the area and reduce swelling. If you havean allergy, seek medical attention immediately….
In my experience, the day before yesterday morning, not dangerous but painful for a couple of days. much like a wasp sting but with less swelling. However they make a lot of n…oise buzzing and dream of delivering great big stings in proportion to their impressive size. Mike Lean
no sit down and relax
If the sting is not gone or almost gone in a week, or if the sting increases in diameter over 2" or 3", get medical help.. Note that this answer addresses ONLY the question o…f swelling. I assume we've already ruled out an emergent allergic/anaphylactic reaction and that some time has passed.. It is believed that the venom produced in a bee is sometimes beneficial to human being (cases as fever, head ache...). It may be painful but not harmful!
Why is a second bee sting more dangerous then the first bee sting to a person who is allergic to bee stings?
That's really simple: an allergic reaction is when your body responds excessively to something, making way too many antibodies to counter the antigen. When antibodies are made…, Memory B cells are also made. These help identifying the antigen faster the next time. So the next time you're stung by a bee, the Memory B cells recognise the antigen and antibodies are made faster than the first time. There's you're answer, sorry for my English incase I misspelled something, I'm not from America.
For most people a second sting is not more dangerous than the first. In fact, as most beekeepers will testify, the more stings you have over a period of time, the less you rea…ct to them. However, a very few people build up a hypersensitivity to the venom, much in the same way as the body builds up antibodies to a disease bacteria or virus after the first infection, and the next time they are stung they do have a stronger reaction to the venom. In most cases, this can be treated, and there has been a lot of success by doctors treating people with very tiny, but gradually increasing, amounts of bee venom for the body to become more used to it.
For any bee sting the most important thing to do first is to remove the sting if it has been left behind because it can continue to inject venom for a minute or more after the… bee has gone. Do not use tweezers or grip the sting between finger and thumb because if you do so you risk squeezing more venom into the wound. Scrape the sting out using your thumbnail or something like the back of a knife or the edge of a credit card. A piriton or similar anti-histamine tablet will help reduce swelling, and if the sting is painful a paracetamol tablet may help. An ice compress can also be used on the sting site. For the biggest majority of people a bee sting is just a painful nuisance, but a very few people are hypersensitive to bee venom and can react more strongly. If a person feels dizzy or nauseous he should sit down and rest until the feeling passes. In an extreme case the victim may go into anaphylactic shock where blood pressure drops dramatically and tissues in the throat swell making breathing difficult. In this case medical help is very urgently required. the only thing wrong with this is ...... everything not just one thing everuything so weird i do not like this
Ground bees don't usually leave their stings behind because they are not barbed.
Stings from ground bees are not usually serious, and the pain should pass after an hour or two, though the swelling may take a day or two to go completely. If your symptoms ar…e more serious or if the swelling persists, seek medical advice.
Honey badgers do get stung, but they have a coarse coat and a tough skin which bees find difficult to penetrate with their stings.
If you are allergic to bees, then yes. But otherwise no it isn't
Make a paste of water and baking soda and spread it on the site of the sting. This will take the pain away.
it depends on if you are allergic and what type of bee. bee stings can be deadly to some people.
An allergic reaction.