What would you like to do?

Can they take earned income credit from a tax return for back child support even though it is being paid now?

already exists.

Would you like to merge this question into it?

already exists as an alternate of this question.

Would you like to make it the primary and merge this question into it?

exists and is an alternate of .

Yes they will intercept your taxes until that balance of back pay is paid and current. Then once you are paid you may have to ask that state that intercepted your tax returns to do a tax offset review. Give all documents that show you have paid and or current, then they may dismiss the lien against you. You may be entitled to a refund from that state.
1 person found this useful
Thanks for the feedback!

Will child support take your tax return?

yes, even if no arrears exist see links below The State should not be taking your tax refund if you are current. (Making the court-ordered payments on an arrearage doesn't

Can a credit card company take your income tax return?

A creditor cannot seize a federal tax refund, but the creditor can file a lawsuit and if they are awarded a judgment they can levy the bank account in which a tax refund is de

What qualifies you for earned income tax credit?

The EITC is a credit for certain people who work. You (and your spouse, if you are filing a joint return) and any qualifying children listed on Schedule EIC need valid social

Does back child support come out of tax returns?

There are programs in force that wll direct your refund to be applied to your back child suppport..hard to tell if your on the list of one. Of course, it's what you would want

What are the Earned Income Tax Credit requirements?

To qualify to claim the EIC, you must first meet all of the rules explained in Part A, Rules for Everyone . Then you must meet the rules in Part B, Rules If You Have a Qualify

Can wages earned overseas that are not subject to federal income tax be garnished for child support?

I've worked several overseas assignments. The US is one of the only countries that taxes foreign income so I can't imagine a situation where your foreign income would NOT be s

IRS waited 2 years to take back your child tax credit because your husband did not report his social security retirement benefit Even though IRS instructed us not to include it on the 1040?

At best you may be able to avoid the interst and penalties if you received this advice in writing, but my bet is that you do not have it inwritting. My thought is that you do