What would you like to do?

Why would you receive an electric shock when you touch the chromework and one particular stove element when it is energized?

already exists.

Would you like to merge this question into it?

already exists as an alternate of this question.

Would you like to make it the primary and merge this question into it?

exists and is an alternate of .

YOU have become a conductor. In simple terms: If you touch an energized circuit wire (hot) with one hand, and something metal (that is grounded) with the other hand....ZZAAP!  Your stove likely isn't grounded properly. The socket for that particular element is probably leaking current to the chassis as well.
Check your outlet and the cord for proper grounding, replace the socket for that element, and trace the wiring for that element back to the switch to make sure it's not chaffed.
3 people found this useful
Thanks for the feedback!

Why do we get an electric shock when we touch car doors on dry days?

You generate static electricity from brushing against things, or your clothes brushing against you. On humid days, the charge is bled off as fast as it builds up. On dry day

Can a home electric stove element melt an aluminum pot?

Yes, if... Left on a large burner (max temp 1472-1652°F) a covered empty aluminum pot can exceed the (m.p.) melting point Al of approx. 1200°F and melt into the stove. Firs

Why do you get an electric shock on touching electric points with wet hands?

    The wet hands conduct electricity better than do dry hands. Water and electricity don't mix. All water, even distilled pure water will conduct electricity. This

Can you get an electrical shock if you touch a wire covered in plastic?

No, the covering on the wire is insulation. This insulation is used to isolate the wire from any grounding medium, this includes a person. It is not a good idea to go around t

Why do I get an electric shock when I touch the outside of my hot water tank?

If the shock is significant and has a "buzzing" sensation to it the  hot water heater is not grounded correctly. This is a severe safety  hazard and you need to have an elec