An artist as someone who create art in the form of painting, sculpture, prints, photographs, or drawings. An artist creates work as a form of self-expression..
Dictionary.com… defines it as the following: .
1. a person who produces works in any of the arts that are primarily subject to aesthetic criteria..
2. a person who practices one of the fine arts, esp. a painter or sculptor..
3. a person whose trade or profession requires a knowledge of design, drawing, painting, etc.: a commercial artist..
4. a person who works in one of the performing arts, as an actor, musician, or singer; a public performer: a mime artist; an artist of the dance..
5. a person whose work exhibits exceptional skill..
6. a person who is expert at trickery or deceit: He's an artist with cards..
7. Obsolete. an artisan. (MORE)