- The act or practice of excluding.
- The condition or fact of being excluded.
[Middle English exclusioun, from Latin exclūsiō, exclūsiōn-, from exclūsus, past participle of exclūdere, to shut. See exclude.]exclusionary ex·clu'sion·ar'y (-zhə-nĕr'ē) adj.
has become the offically used word in education for what used to be called, rather more dramatically and with stronger physical implications, expulsion. Similarly, a school pupil is said to be excluded rather than (as formerly) expelled. But the term is no freer than its predecessor from unwelcome overtones, since exclusion order, 'an order issued under any of various Acts of Parliament excluding a person from a particular location, esp. as a means of preventing the commission of certain criminal acts' (Old English (up to 1150)D), has occupied this ground as a term in UK law since the 1940s (originally with reference to Palestine).
|Previous:||exclamation mark, excitable, excise|
|Next:||excusable, executive, executor|
Contracts: item not covered by a contract. For example, an insurance policy may list certain hazards, such as acts of war, that are excluded from coverage.
Taxes: on a tax return, items that must be reported, but not taxed. For example, corporations are allowed to exclude 70% of dividends received from other domestic corporations. Gift tax rules allow donors to exclude up to $12,000 worth of gifts to donees annually.
|Previous:||Excise Tax, Exchangeable Debenture|
|Next:||Exclusive Listing, Execution|
Definition: expulsion; forbiddance
Antonyms: acceptance, addition, admittance, allowance, inclusion, incorporation, welcome
A shutting out or elimination; surgical isolation of a part, as of a segment of intestine, without removal from the body.
- competitive e. (CE) — a term used to describe the protective effect of the natural or native bacterial flora of the intestine in limiting the colonization of some bacterial pathogens. Competitive exclusion products are also called probiotics, direct-fed microbials or CE cultures.
- e. principle — it is possible to prove from a parentage test that a particular animal is not the true parent but it is impossible to prove that a particular animal is a parent.
categories related to 'exclusion'
- Insurance - exclusion: contingency not covered by policy
- exclusion order indrejseforbud, opholdsforbud
- to the exclusion of for at udelukke
- exclusion order ordre d'exclusion, ordre d'expulsion
- to the exclusion of à l'exclusion de
- exclusion order offizielle Einreiseverweigerung nach GB
- to the exclusion of unter Ausschluß von
- exclusion order απαγόρευση εισόδου στη χώρα
- to the exclusion of αποκλειομένου του...
- exclusion order ordine di espulsione
- to the exclusion of escluso
- exclusion order ordem (f) de exclusão
- to the exclusion of a ponto de excluir
- exclusion order запрещение въезда в страну
- to the exclusion of за исключением
- exclusion order orden judicial que prohibe el ingreso
- to the exclusion of con exclusión de
- exclusion order 驱逐令
- to the exclusion of 排斥着
- exclusion order 驅逐令
- to the exclusion of 排斥著
- to the exclusion of ~을 제외하고
- exclusion order 入国拒否命令
- to the exclusion of 締め出すほどに
If you are unable to view some languages clearly, click here.