Results for: Lymphedema

What does lymphedema mean?

Answer   It is the accumulation of the fluid in the interstitial space between body cells and tissues that contains white blood cells. basically it can be thought of as a (MORE)
In Uncategorized

What is primary lymphedema?

  Primary Lymphedema   Primary lymphedema occurs without any obvious cause, and is thought to be the result of an underdeveloped or inefficient lymph system. In some (MORE)
In Uncategorized

How do you treat lymphedema?

Lymphedema is treated using compression pumps and compression hosiery. The hosiery goes over the afflicted limb, and the pump pressurizes the hosiery. This compresses the limb (MORE)
In Uncategorized

Lymphedema Can it be hereditary?

Yes, lymphedema can be hereditary. This is also known as congenital lymphedema. For more see. www.compressionpumps.com
In Uncategorized

How is lymphedema diagnosed?

In 90% of the cases, lymphedema is diagnosed through observations, measurements, and symptoms. The remaining 10% require the use of more complex diagnostic tests such as lymph (MORE)
In Uncategorized

How is lymphedema treated?

The standard protocol treatment for lymphedema is called either Complex decongestive therapy or manual decongestive therapy. It is a very very gentle medical massage that move (MORE)