YES! polyvinyl chloride is a synthetic polymer. This is so because it is a polychain made up of repeated units of monomers. More specifically this plastic has the presence of …HCl and ethyne within the organic compound. This is a type of a plastic used for various purposes such as insulation for electrical wires. (MORE)
Polyvinyl acetate is soluble in a number of organic solvents. Solubility of polyvinyl acetate is directly related to the volatility of the solvent; the more volatile the solve…nt, the more soluble the polyvinyl acetate. Some of the most common solvents, ranked in order from the most volatile to the least, are listed below..
1. diethyl ether (very volatile, water miscible) 2. acetone (best solvent that is commonly used) 3. benzene (very toxic) 4. ethylene dichloride (very toxic, non-water miscible) 5. methanol (toxic, cumulative poison) 6. methyl ethyl ketone (MEK) (toxic) 7. ethanol (denatured alcohols may be toxic) 8. toluene (slightly toxic) 9. xylene (slightly toxic) 10. amyl acetate (slightly water miscible) 11.ethyl acetate . (MORE)
It's a polymer. And an alcohol! There's really not much more to be said on it than what is right in front of you. Next time just type your compound of interest into google and… look for the wikipedia page. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyvinyl_alcohol (MORE)
Polyvinyl Chloride is a chemical white powder derived from Crude oil. It is one of the most deadly cancer causing agents known to us today, and is a killer! It takes approxi…mately 55gals of the purest high quality crude oil to make a 1 Pound box of this substance. If in-jested into the body via through the pores or inhaled via nostrils or mouth has been proven to cause rapid debilitating cancer leading to death very soon with no cancer treatment available. Do not heat up your foods in the microwave using plastic containers. Look back to time before plastics at how many people actually contracted cancer. It didn't start happening till the sixties when the plastic boom came in. Something the plastics industry does not want to get out is the toxins emitted from heated or burning plastic are extremely toxic. They can and will lead to cancer if repeated ingestion is happening. Have you ever heard someone tell you to open the windows of your car when you first start the AC unit. Well the reason for that is that all the plastic parts emit fumes which are hazardous to your health and can cause cancer if inhaled repeatedly. When they are heated such as the hot sun on your car. If you know anyone working in the plastics industry, I am sure there are a lot of you everything is made up of plastic now. Be sure to inform them I am sure they have not been informed of this which I am about to inform you. A friend of mine drove a Tanker Truck for a leading company Hauling this Product. During a five year period He watched 5 attendants who offloaded this powder begin to wear Respirators and complete body covering. as the five years progressed they all died and the last one was wearing a suit with external oxygen tank and fully protective gear like the CDC would wear during an epidemic. He was then told to go to a room that was totally isolated an airtight till they offloaded the product. We love our Tupperware and everything else plastic but when heated or burned it is a lethal threat to our society. be smart and pass this on to all you know. (MORE)
0.5 g of Polyvinyl Alcohol in 10 mL of water, heating in water (80degree C, low solubility below 60 degrre C) with stirring for15min, then cool it to room temperature and anot…her 4-5 hours ofstirring at ambient temperature should give you a homogenoussolution. (MORE)