Horse chestnuts are poisonous to dogs. It causes a reduction in red blood cells. Watch for vomiting and diarrhea, jaundice, seizures. If there are any signs of this within 12 hours, go to the Vet immediately!
Sweet chestnuts have been proven to be non toxic to dogs. You do not want them to start out eating a large amount due to the fact that it can cause diarrhea, but over time your dog can indulge in sweet chestnuts.
not that I know of, I think they are only poisonous to humans when uncooked.
hope i helped
yeah they are
Conkers (Horse Chestnuts) are inedible, possibly toxic to everyone.
Deer eat conkers. Conkers are more commonly known as horse chestnuts. These nuts are slightly poisonous. However, deer have the capability of breaking down the toxins and are able to eat them safely.
Chestnuts and Horse Chestnuts are not the same thing. Chestnuts are edible by humans. Horse Chestnuts (Buckeyes) are not edible and are generally considered poisonous --- even to horses!
"Marrons" are horse chestnuts / conkers. Chestnuts can also be called "marrons" when prepared and sold. ("marrons glacÃ©s" are chestnuts)
No, they are not. The nuts that are called chestnuts are poisonous to horses and ponies though.
Conkers come from the Horsechestnut tree Aeseculus hippocastanum and are inedible. Chestnuts come from the Spanish or Sweet Chestnut tree Castanea sativa and are edible. s
Not commonly reported, but sporadic cases have been recorded. In the UK recently a letter in the Veterinary Record by veterinary surgeon David Harwood described the possible poisoning of a goat by consuming chipped branches, leaves and conkers from a fallen Horse Chestnut tree.
Yes, but you can overdose and you'll get ill. You can also eat acorns. Both seeds must be cut or crushed, leeched in water, and cooked before eating. Also, any evergreen that produces a pine cone type seed has seeds that can be eaten.
Chestnuts are not poisonous to dogs. However, the horse chestnut also known as buckeyes are toxic to dogs and other animals.
Conkers come from the horse chestnut.
The outer husks of the horse chestnut fruit are poisonous. There are also reported cases of poisoning from eating raw horse chestnuts.