Student Loans and Financial Aid

Are there government grants or assistance for birth mothers who place children for adoption to help girls get back on their feet?



User Avatar
Wiki User

I don't want to step on any toes, but I have to say that yes, there are grants and other assistance available for birth mothers. Perhaps not through the government, but there are many independent foundations that WANT to help us. First try On Your Feet Foundation (, and go from there. Depending on your location, there might be local resources. Do a bit of googling for birthmother support, birthmother grants, and so on, and you'll find them. As far as education grants, check out I've been digging around myself for birthmother support, and found this one.

I'm still looking for grants and other means of assistance, so if I find anything else, I'll post it here.


Birthmom in CA

i don't think there are any specific grants for girls who place their children for adoption I'm afraid. You need to start afresh, get a job, maybe go back to education if you can, focus first on finding some work and taking it from there. Good luck