Citizenship and Marriage
Green Cards

Are you able to marry if your fiance was deported and then re-entered the country illegally and still has his green card?

User Avatar
Wiki User
March 22, 2005 11:04PM

No. When he presents his "green card" for identification

purposes the FBI and INS will be notified and he will be taken into

custody. He is an illegal alien and will be treated as such. The

new Homeland Security laws are rigidly enforced and he will be

deported again, perhaps even detained an undetermined amount of

time in a federal facility.

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.