At what age can a child decide to move out of state and live with their biological father?

The court does not allow a minor child to arbitrarily change residency from one custodial parent to another unless there is a court order allowing the action. The parent wishing to take custody of the child must file a petition for such in the appropriate state court in the city or county where they or in some cases the child resides.