iPhone 4S

Can a lender revise his contract without contacting the debtor?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2015-07-15 21:35:42
2015-07-15 21:35:42

The finance company has to have a contract signed by you. If they change something it has to be initialed by the customer. Unfortunatly, to fight this you would need to contact a lawyer which would probably cost more than $300.

It is absolutely wrong for them to change a legal document after the fact of it being signed by the customer, but I have never seen a contract that actually states a grace period for repossession.


Related Questions

User Avatar

A Corporate Guarantee is a guarantee in which a corporation agrees to be held responsible for completing the duties and obligations of a debtor to a lender, in the event that the debtor fails to fulfill the terms of the corporate guarantee.It is also known as debtor-lender shylendri

User Avatar

a debtor may return goods if the contract which established the obligor (debtor) and obligee (lender) provides that the return of goods satisfies and therefore executes the contract in lieu of providing the method of exchange formerly discussed as acceptable

User Avatar

A mortgage is a contract under civil law between the debtor and the lender. To my knowledge there is no statutory limit on its effectiveness.

User Avatar

Yes, the debt still stands. It's how debt collectors stay in busniess. When the debt or account is sold, the debt isn't erased, merely transferred. In essence, the original lender has sold the whole contract. * The debtor makes any payment agreement with the collector not the original creditor.

User Avatar

A cosigner signs the debt agreement and the lender can demand payment from both the debtor and the cosigner. A guarantor does not sign and the lender needs to go through the debtor before demanding payment from a guarantor.

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.