Can ghosts be guardian angels?
Note: The Category Supervisor has closed this answer from further edits due to the topic becoming a point of discussion and opinion and further vandalism.
The dictionary definitions of Ghost and Angel are:
Ghost: A disembodied soul; especially : the soul of a dead person believed to be an inhabitant of the unseen world or to appear to the living in bodily likeness.
Angel: A typically benevolent celestial being that acts as an intermediary between heaven and earth, especially in Christianity, Judaism, Islam, and Zoroastrianism.
A guardian spirit or guiding influence. A supernatural being, either good or bad, to whom are attributed greater than human power, intelligence, etc.
- Guardian Angels are a Christianity derived concept (other religions have similar themes), while ghosts are part of the myth and folklore in many cultures independently of their religion. Ghost are stuck in the emotional level of existence after they have withdrawn from the physical and think they still have a body. Guardian Angels are entities that are not currently in the physical existence that stay close to individuals and learn when they do.
- There are reports of ghosts (sometimes called specters) acting for or protecting living beings.
- Here is a case in study: In the U.S. a husband/wife and 2 children had gone skiing and 5 minutes after leaving to go home they hit black ice. The car went over a bridge and sunk under freezing water. With all her strength the wife pounded on the windshield of the car to find an escape (scientifically it couldn't be done because of the pressure of the water outside of the car), but, she did it! She swam up for air and as she gasped for breath she saw her husband stooped down on a rock looking at the whole scene. Almost angrily she called his name and told him to come and help her save their 2 children. She dove down again, but had problems and came up for air again. Her husband was still there and as she started to say something to him again two young men came to help her save her children. Luckily the children were fine (because of the icy water.) The wife asked the two young men where her husband was and they sadly had to tell her he was dead and still in the car! His wife believes that he was there in spirit to give her the courage to break that windshield and the turn of events of the two young men stopping to help were all part of it.
- There is who makes distinction between angels and the souls of the dead. Angels are said to be spiritual entities that exist and interact in both the Heavenly Kingdom and this world. They exist to serve God, to glorify Him and to ensure His wishes are carried out, it is they who undertake the everyday tasks of maintaining creation. They have never preexisted as humans. There are said to be nine grades of heavenly agents all with their own specific functions- including Cherubim, Seraphim, Angels and Arch Angels. The concept of Guardian Angels has never been fully accepted as doctrine by the Church, but it is nonetheless accepted by many Christians that they do exist. It is said that every soul is allocated Guardian Angel to look after it.
- The function of Guardian Angels are said to be not simply to keep you safe from accidents though that is how they are now usually perceived, they are also there to help protect you from evil, to aid your spiritual growth and to lead you to God. They may establish direct contact or exert their influence indirectly, through dreams, etc.
- A belief in ghosts (specters, ghouls, apparitions, as well as the spirit of lost loved ones) is, for some Christians, just a way of describing spirits in such a way as to convey the mystery of their existence, motives, and roles on earth, without having to accept what the Bible says about these spirits.
- A ghost is potentially the result of a person who has passed away, and their cognitive and subconscious mind has been shared with others throughout their lives. This process is involved with something called quantum entanglement. We all feel connected to other people, this is why. Potentially, these people can have influence within our subconscious minds. So I suppose yes, people who have passed before us could in some way look over us.