Best Answer

If you are their legal guardian, you can collect child support from both parents of the child. If you are not their legal guardian and they just live with you, you do not have rights to child support.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2014-09-17 23:01:27
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: Can i collect child support for my niece that is living under my supervision?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
Related questions

You live in Chicago and your child moved to Mexico only for a year can you still collect child support here in Chicago?

If your child is not living with you, you are not eligible to collect child support. The child support should go to whomever is caring for the child.

Can a grandparent collect child support?

A grandparent can collect child support if they are the legal guardian or custodian of the child.

Can child support be collect from a deported father?

It can be done if the father is living in a country that has an agreement with the US - contact your State's child support agency.

Can US collect past due child support from a non custodial parent living in a foreign country?


Can two different states collect child support for the same child?

There can be situations where two different states can collect child support from a parent that has not kept up their child support payments. Such a situation could entail the following example. If child support was not made by a person living in the same state as the child, that state can of course collect by garnishing funds out of a paycheck. If there was money due from another instance and not paid, then two states must collect current and back payments.

Can a child collect on child support arrears as an adult?


If a father terminates his rights can he collect child support from the mother if the child lives with him?

if the mother terminates her rights can he collect child support from the mother if child lives with him?

Can illegal immigrant mother living in Arizona collect child support from US citizen father with joint custody?

Yes if she is entitled to child support after all of the calculations are done. Immigration status has no bearing on child support.

Can you collect child support if your child is not living with you?

In most cases the parent who has the child doesn't have to pay child support. The parent who does not have the child pays child support if they want visitation rights. In most jurisdictions, the non custodial parent must pay child support even without visitation rights.

Can you collect child support arrears after child dies?


Can you collect child support at age 28?

Your custodial parent can collect unpaid support that accrued under an order. Support sometimes continues after the child becomes an adult if the child is disabled.

Is it legal for a mother to collect child support while the father is living with her and the child?

It depends on the state. In most states the father would still be required to pay child support, even though he is living with the mother and the child. However, if the father was financially supporting the mother and child, it's likely that the courts would suspend the child support order.

People also asked