Best Answer
AnswerYou haven't explained the reason for the lien. If the beneficiary owes the siblings any money and refused to pay they can sue in court for the debt and obtain a judgment lien on the property.
User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2014-08-09 14:48:36
This answer is:
User Avatar

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: Can siblings put a lien on a home that was inherited by a beneficiary deed?
Write your answer...
Related questions

How do I transfer the deed of my deceased parent's home to the beneficiary?

The person responsible for your parent's will should handle the paperwork. Or if there is no will, the state should handle this responsibility.

Can a deed to the family home be transferred to the executrix who is also a beneficiary without the signatures of all the beneficiaries?

The beneficiaries do not have the ability to transfer property. The executor can deed the property to whomever it is being sold or distributed to. The executor can also transfer the deed to the estate while determining disposition.

Does the beneficiary have a right to right to enter an inherited home?

Not until authorized to do so by the executor. The property belongs to the estate and the executor must protect the property.

If two people are on a home deed and one passes away what happens to that person's interest in the home?

The answer depends on the deed by which the two acquired their interest in the property. If the property was acquired as tenants by the entirety or as joint tenants with the right of survivorship, the survivor automatically owns the property. If the property was acquired as tenants in common, the interest of the decedent will pass to her heirs at law under the laws of intestacy and her estate must be probated providing she didn't name a beneficiary by will. If there was a will and a named beneficiary the estate must be probated for title to pass to the beneficiary.

Can the executor of estate take ownership of home in MI probate if all heirs agree can you do quit claim deed to executor when deceased grandma only person on deed?

If the beneficiaries are in agreement and there are no debts remaining, yes. The estate can quit claim to the beneficiary.

Does beneficiary have right to enter an inherited home?

The estate must be probated. The duly appointed estate representative has authority over the property. The beneficiary cannot take full possession until any debts of the estate have been paid and the estate has been settled.

If two sisters inherited their father's half interest of home he owned with stepmother who still resides there but their names are not on the deed who is responsible for home repairs?

daughters. the house is in there name, so the stepmom is a tenant.

Does a husband have rights to a home if his name is not on the deed?

removing husband from home when name is not on the deed?

How does a quitclaim deed work on refinancing your home?

A quitclaim deed doesn't figure into the procedure to refinance your home.A quitclaim deed doesn't figure into the procedure to refinance your home.A quitclaim deed doesn't figure into the procedure to refinance your home.A quitclaim deed doesn't figure into the procedure to refinance your home.

Does the deed holder have financial rights to the home?

who has power to sell a home, deed holder or a trustee?

How do you refinance home after death of spouse?

The best place to start is updating the deed. Once your deed is updated, you can refinance your home with ease.

What will happen if a wife dies without a will then the husband dies a few years later and wills the home to his adult grandson without anyone contesting it?

The estate of each party should be examined in chronological order of death. The wife's estate would be distributed according to the laws of intestacy where she resided. If the deed of the home was in someone else's name, then that would also complicate it (e.g., tenants in common with husband's siblings, having inherited from grandpa...). If father's estate doesn't include the home, then any provisions about it in his will are irrelevant. If the deed or the intestate succession of the wife put the title into the hands of the children and not the surviving spouse, then the grandson has no present claim.

How do you get your new wifes name on your home title and deed?

Have a deed prepared wherein husband signs deed deeding property to him and his wife.

Can you finance a home with a deed but no title?

A deed is the legal document that transfers title to the property. If you have a deed that names you as the grantee then you have title to the premises.

Do you have to leave your home if you are on the deed?


If you inherit a home that is on air land what can you do to own the land that the home is on?

Air land? Generally, in the United States, the only way to obtain the ownership of land is by a deed from the owner that transfers ownership to you. If a person builds a home on land that belongs to someone else, that home will become part of the real estate and will become the property of the owner of the real estate. The person who built the home cannot devise the home to a beneficiary in a will.

When you receive a deed for a home does that mean you are the owner?

Yes. If you are the named grantee on the deed then you are the new owner.

How do you add another person on a deed?

The people on the existing deed create and sign a new deed by which they convey the property from themselves to themselves and the additional owner. This new deed now has all of them on it. The idea of "adding a person to a deed" is technically wrong, because the old deed is not changed. A new deed has to be created and recorded.You would to have your attorney draw up a "quit claim deed" to deed half your interest to the party you want to deed that interest to. That deed will then be filed at the courthouse and that would be it. This will allow that person to have interest in the home, but, not be liable for the debt personally that may be on the home.

Can one opt out of membership in a homeowners' association?

No--if the homeowner's association is in your home's deed. To find out if the HOA is in your home's deed, you may contact the title or escrow company who closed the sale of your home.

Beneficiary right to enter willed home?

None during the lifetime of the owners. The beneficiary has no vested interest to assert until the death of the benefactor.

How do you change a beneficiary?

To change your beneficiary it is best to find a local agent or office to fill out a form and they can get to there Home Office quicker than mailing it in.

Is beneficiary information on life policy a public record?

No it is not. The beneficiary information is listed on the policy and with the home office of the insurance company, but there is no reporting of it elsewhere.

Is it required to have a deed for your home?

If you owe money on a home you should hold title. A deed is the document that is publicly recorded. It signifies that you have an ownership interest in the real property described in the deed. It is not required that you have a deed, but it is not technically your house if you do not have a deed since you are not on title. It is not good to have a mortgage on a home that you don't own. Typically this can only occur if you sign a Quit Claim Deed that takes you off title. When you purchase a house it is the most critical part of the transaction since it is the document that actually transfers ownership.

What if your name is still on the deed to a home but your are divorced?

You don't need to be married to have joint ownership. If your name is on the deed, you are an owner.

Do you need the original deed to refinance?

You will need your deed to refinance your home. If you no longer have it, your mortgage company should be able to get it for you.

Study guides

Create a Study Guide