Age of Consent & Underage Relationships
Birth Certificates

Can two 17-year-olds in Idaho get married with just a birth certificate if one is in foster care?

User Avatar
Wiki User
March 16, 2005 8:54AM

Idaho does not allow anyone under the age of 18 to marry without

consent from their parents/legal guardian, which in this person's

case (I'm just assuming) would probably be an agency along the

lines of the Department of Social Services (and chances are they

would be very reluctant to give permission). You can call the

county clerk's office and ask them who would have to sign for

someone in foster care. Oh, by the way you would have to have your

parents permission too. The good news is, that once you're 18, you

can get married with no problem!

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.