Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2013-04-04 14:57:45
2013-04-04 14:57:45

Yes, you can add your grandson to your car insurance policy. Speak to your insurance broker.


Related Questions

yes ,you can add driver's name in your insurance policy.

Yes, any resident of the household should be added to the policy.

Yes, If someone will be driving the car, it is recommended to add inform your insurance company and have them added to the policy.

I heard you do not have to add your 16 year old to your car insurance policy since he/she will only be driving your insured car. Is this true?

It is not automatically covered. You must call your insurance company and add the car to your policy.

If you want him to have insurance cover in the event of an accident you should add him to your policy. Any body that is not on your insurance policy should NOT drive your car, if they have an accident you'll have big problems.

The policy you have will be specific for the car itself but you should be able to roll over your record with your auto insurance company to ensure you get all the bonuses and discount you have earned, for your new car on a new policy.

You can add your roommate to your auto policy as a driver but you cannot add their vehicle to your policy. You cannot insure a vehicle you do not own and since you have no legal relationship with a roommate you cannot add a vehicle they own to your policy. You do have an obligation to add them as a driver on your policy if they ever drive your car.

It all depends on the insurance company you are with, each is different. In most cases it is cheaper to add a vehicle to existing insurance policy rather start over with another insurance policy.

I doubt it. He/she is probably no longer in your household, which is generally the boundary of your policy.

Yes, as long as you add her as a regular driver on your insurance policy.

If it is a licensed driver and in your household, then they should be added to your policy.

Depends on the state and your insurance policy. call your local agent.

Yes, absolutely it is more expensive! Collision is the more expensive part of any auto insurance policy.

Any insurance company will cover your electronics under your home owner's policy, rental policy, or car insurance policy. If it's really expensive, then you should tell the company so they can add extra insurance to it.

It is my understanding that in most states an insurance policy is issued to the name which appears on the vehicle's registration.

I don't see why not. The policy is in the name of the Grandparent and the Grandson is listed as the primary driver. Very easy.

If the 16 year old grandchild lives in your home or drives your vehicles then yes you are required to add him or her you your insurance as a primary or secondary driver depending on how much they drive.

The policy of Erie insurance is that they believe that their policy protects you against financial loss if you have a car accident. As well as their being other tyoes of insurance but this is the one for car insurance.

An individual can first contact their current car insurance provider and see how much it would cost to add a second car to their policy. One can then contact other car insurance companies to see if it would be more cost effective to get a separate policy for their second car elsewhere.

Several companies offer car insurance for learner drivers including the AA, Aviva and City Insurance. If the learner driver is going to be learning in a car owned by a qualified driver with their own insurance policy it may be possible to add the learner driver to that policy for a nominal fee.

Usually the insurance policy of the owner of the car is primary and then if the driver of the car has a policy of their own then it is secondary.

Since he is probably just 16, you want to maintain control of the situation. If you own the car, you can withhold the keys for bad grades, late curfews, and so on. He can pay for the insurance, but it might be cheaper as an add-on to your policy.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.