Can you claim daycare when filing taxes?

Yes this is possible that the qualifying child care expense that you pay to allow you to be able to work if you qualify to do this. Go to the IRS gov website and use the search box for Publication 503 (2009), Child and Dependent Care Expenses

Tests To Claim the Credit

To be able to claim the credit for child and dependent care expenses, you must file Form 1040 or Form 1040A (or Form 1040NR), not Form 1040EZ (or Form 1040NR-EZ), and meet all the following 7 tests.