Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2009-08-19 20:48:41

First, be very careful. Many a child has done this only to learn he was never behind in support. See link.

As for you, only if your mother kept the claim active after you turned 18.


Your Answer

Related Questions

if the mother terminates her rights can he collect child support from the mother if child lives with him?

No, child support can only be taken from the birth parents.

It can be done if the father is living in a country that has an agreement with the US - contact your State's child support agency.

Yes, if the father has more time with the child than the mother, she will owe him child support.

Marriage of the mother, father or child have no relationship to the collection of a debt.

The father probably still owes the back child support, but it may become more difficult to collect.

no the mother should have the legal obligation to take care of the child

A grandparent can collect child support if they are the legal guardian or custodian of the child.

Not unless he is the father of the child. Only the biological parents pay for their child.

Yes, provided the separated parent is the father.

It depends on the state. In most states the father would still be required to pay child support, even though he is living with the mother and the child. However, if the father was financially supporting the mother and child, it's likely that the courts would suspend the child support order.

If the mother has the full custody then she can take the child, and she can get the child support. If she doesn't have the full custody, then she is not allowed to take the child without the father consent, but she still can get the child support.

Yes, as long as the legal custody schedule is changed, child support can also be adjusted.

Visitation is not a reward or a prize he has to pay to see his child, or for the child to have access to his father. It's a parental right and a separate issue from child support and custody. You can not violate the court order for visitation. To address the child support issue you must file a motion for contempt against the father for his failure to pay child support. The court and the state child support enforcement agency will help you to collect arrears.

Once the child has reached maturity, past child support is uncollectable. Frustrating as this is, that is the way it goes.

Yes if she is entitled to child support after all of the calculations are done. Immigration status has no bearing on child support.

You must obtain a child support order from the court of jurisdiction in your area and then file a contempt in that court if he defaults on the child support payments. It is not easy to pursue a father who won't pay but your child deserves to be supported by both parents and you can get help if you are persistent.

No, you can't. First, you can't sue a parent for child support. Second, there is nobody to collect it from since your father has passed. However, if your father has an estate you could contact the attorney handling the estate or a private attorney to determine if you have any rights in his estate as an heir at law.

If you are their legal guardian, you can collect child support from both parents of the child. If you are not their legal guardian and they just live with you, you do not have rights to child support.

it depends on what state you live in. but in most states you can. you might want to go to your local court office and ask someone there. im sure someone would know. or you could even ask a police officer, they would know.

Can you get child support inArkansasif their father is incarcerated

If your child is not living with you, you are not eligible to collect child support. The child support should go to whomever is caring for the child.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.