Auto Insurance

Can you exclude your son from your insurance policy if he does not drive at all even though he has a license?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2015-07-15 21:10:11
2015-07-15 21:10:11

In many states, you can sign a "named driver exclusion" which will lower your premiums but which will exempt your son (or whomever) from coverage under your policy. Obviously, once you have signed the named driver exclusion, DO NOT let your son drive your car - - if he has an accident while driving, you are going to have serious problems.


Related Questions

User Avatar

So long as your Auto Insurance is still in force your policy still covers you. You should renew your license as soon as possible though as the Insurance company does check your drivers license and driving history regularly. Should the company find that you have allowed your license to expire, they may decide to cancel your policy or decline to renew your policy on the assumption that you no are no longer a licensed driver and therefore do not need Auto Insurance.

User Avatar

Easy, you just buy an auto insurance policy and exclude the other residents from coverage by use of form 515A. Be aware though that if any of these excluded drivers are involved in an accident while operating your vehicle, The accident and any resulting damage will not be covered under a policy from which they are excluded.

User Avatar

car license yes, insurance and registration are not required though i would recommend insurance.

User Avatar

Yes you can buy insurance without a license or with a suspended license. Having auto insurance though should not be confused as providing you with permission to drive. Only your state licensing authority can give you permisssion to drive on public roads. If your license is suspended and depending on the reason for that suspension, you may find it necessary to obtain a more expensive high risk insurance policy. In many cases, depending on your circumstances, the Insurance agent you choose may even be able to advise you on how to regain your driving priviledges.

User Avatar

Yes, you can have your own auto insurance policy. If you are a minor though, you will need your legal gaurdian to countersign your application for insurance coverage.

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.