Can you get a tax refund when owing child support arrears?

Yes, you would however have to discuss this with your financial adviser.

You may be eligible for a tax refund but if your case has been reported to Child Support Enforcement in your state your tax refund may be confiscated to pay toward your arrears. It will go toward the support of your children.