Emancipation and Ages for Moving Out
Income Taxes

Can you get emancipated and get money given to you by your parents?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2006-08-02 21:45:37

No. An emancipated minor is required to support themselves through gainful employment and not by their parents or public assistance.


Your Answer

Related Questions

An emancipated child is considered an adult. They are entitled to receive any benefits assigned to them. If they are not emancipated, the money will go into a trust for them.

Some people get emancipated to become their own legal guardian. A teenager could become emancipated from their parents or guardians if proper care was not being given.

Yes you can you just have to go to court but it cost a lot money to get emancipated I am 17 and wanted to get emancipated but I don't have the money and my parents wont pay for it so I am just going to have to wait another year.

There is no requirement that a parent pay for college unless there is a support agreement in place. And given that they are emancipated, they are supposed to be on their own and no longer need any help from the parents..

You must be emancipated (21 years old) to apply for the management of your money. Being emancipated you will able to drive your own life.

Yes, you can get emancipated without parental consent. You cannot do it without notifying the parents. And the judge is likely to listen to their opinion about letting you go off on your own. And remember that if you are emancipated, your parents don't have to provide you with anything in the way of money or support.

If you are emancipated, your parents really can control this decision or the money that you will spend on it. So, yeah I think that if you can afford it, your emancipated and you have an idea of a place to stay, sure. you can.

Do you have to be emancipated to move out from your parents at the age 16 in alberta?

No but in order to adopt you, your parents parental rights have to have been taken away or given up. If you are emancipated you are an adult and not all states and countries allow adult adoption.

You are all ready emancipated at 18 because you are an adult according to the law. Move out of your parents house, get your own place, and pay for your expenses to not have them considered as part of the financial aid.

Emancipated minors are minors who have been legally released from the control of their parents.

The easiest way is to turn 18 and become emancipated that way. If you reach for emancipation by the court, most of them are rejected. You can also get emancipated through marriage but hopefully your parents are not that eager on signing the permission slip before you are 18. Permission can often also be given by the court but they are possibly even more hard to convince than the parents.

Another oddly phrased question. People (including parents) are not illegal, only actions can be illegal. Perhaps you mean, if your parents are criminals, can you be emancipated? The usual remedy if you have parents who are criminals, would be for you to be placed in the care of some other relative, or failing that, to become a ward of the state. Emancipation takes place for other reasons than the mere lack of a guardian. Are your parents trying to rob you of your rightfully earned money? Then perhaps you deserve to be emancipated.

If your parents give you permission or if you are emancipated. If you are not emancipated, your parents will have to sign any legal documents, such as a lease, for you.

I'm 16 and emancipated. I'm married. But here's the catch you DO need parents consent.

No. Emancipated children have no legal ties to their parents.

You don't have to do anything. You were emancipated when your reached the age of majroity in your state or country.

No, not in any state are you emancipated because you are pregnant or had a baby.

No. A divorce is the dissolution of a marriage.

you can get emancipated then move out but that requires having a good case to get emancipated

In the state of Kansas a person who is 16 years old can be emancipated with permission from their parents. The only exception to this is if the parents are ruled incompetent or are physically abusive.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.