Children and the Law
Emancipation and Ages for Moving Out

Can you get married if you are under age and live in Colorado with your parents but your fiance lives in another state?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2007-04-03 15:33:34
2007-04-03 15:33:34

If your parents give permission, yes. If your fiance is underage, parental permission is also required. The rules of the state that you apply for the marriage license in will apply.

User Avatar

Related Questions

He's not married. He was engaged and the fiance died suddenly.

Her fiance met the parents that night.

fiance is when a man or woman is engaged but not yet married.

She isn't married yet. She is engaged to her fiance of 4 years. She isn't married yet. She is engaged to her fiance of 4 years.

He isn't married but does have a fiance and a daughter

The noun fiance is a word for a male who is engaged to be married.The noun fiancee is a word for a female who is engaged to be married.

Yes provided your fiance has no other visa and not already in US. For marriage purpose, its important for your fiance to enter US with a fiance visa and also to get married within 90 days after entering US else she would have to return to home country.

Get the permission of your parents. Or get married. Until you reach the age of majority, you are their responsibility. They get to determine where you live.

Illegally married? You mean the fiance was an "Illegal" when he married? If the fiance was married then the fiance's marriage must be legally concluded (divorced) before applying for a K-1. They also must exit the US to qualify for a K-1.

No. Custody must be granted by a court order unless the parents are married. If you are unmarried and want to give temporary custody of your children to your "fiance" it must be done through the court. You haven't mentioned whether the "fiance" is the father of the children.

If you have become close and kept in contact with your deceased husband's parents then sit and have a talk with them first and explain that you have found another man you care about and you are going to be married. Most parents of a deceased son would understand that you need someone in your life. Then ask them if they would like to meet your fiance. If they prefer not to meet your fiance (do not take offense as they may feel obligated to the memory of their son) then abide by what they say. Hopefully they will say yes.

The male is 'fiance' (which you already spelled correctly) and fiancee' is the female.

no because Toyais getting married to her fiance

she chose Jesse the snowboarder from Colorado !

you get married the same way U.S. citizens do except beforehand you have to get a judge to marry you and then you sign alot of legal papers and after you're married your fiance will be a U.S. citizen

Kristen Chenoweth isn't married to anyone. She has an ex-fiance.

Fiance - fiancée The female is referred to as a "fiancée" when engaged to be married. The male is referred to as the "fiancé".

yes . my uncle & his fiance were planning on getting married a few years ago & he was deployed to iraq. & his fiance wanted to get married so she looked up on the computer & found something & they got married over the phone & when he got home they renewed their vowels.

No, you can't until be licitly married.

Venus Williams isn't married, but her fiance is Hank Kuehne, a pro golfer.

Cher Lloyd is going to get married to her fiance, Craig Monk.

The very purpose of your Fiance visa becomes redundant. you cannot get the fiance visa any more!WHen you fill out DS 156K, there is a question saying you cannot get a fiance visa if you are already married. There are other ways like a K-3 visa, but if you are applying for a K-1, why not wait till you finish up? Why pay your lawyers thru the nose- AGAIN?

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.