Best Answer
Changing Auto Insurance CompaniesYes, Of Course you can. Just call the insurance company of your choice and ask for a quote. It is extremely common for people to shop new rates upon expiration of the old insurance policy. Many people overpay for their insurance simply due to not shopping around at renewal time.

In Fact, it is the most common time and is even recommended by most agents as the perfect time to shop around for a new rate is upon the expiration of the previous policy.

Most Insurance companies are fully aware that renewal time is the best time to pick up new insurance customers and may offer you a discount of 5 to 10 percent to transfer your business to their company.

Happy Motoring and shop that Rate to save some money.

New auto insuranceThere might be an internal "30-day rule" within certain companies, but you can get insurance with a new company. You may have to do a bit of footwork, and it might not be with a standard carrier, but it is possible.

A carrier with this "rule" is probably just wanting to verify what kind of customer you'd be, particularly in the area of premium payments (are you always on time? regularly late?). Insurance companies are, after all, businesses ... they want to know you'll be a good client.

Do some shopping around, though, and you'll find coverage. Once you've established coverage, however, remember to go back and do some more shopping, especially for better rates.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2012-07-13 14:31:37
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides


22 cards

If you were laid off and apply for insurance coverage on your wife's group policy do you have to answer a medical questionnaire

How many grams of cholesterol should you eat each day to maintain a healthy diet

What would cause a fluttering inside the ear canal

Why is beef fat a solid at room temperature

See all cards
5 Reviews

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: Can you get new auto insurance if you let your old policy expire?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
Related questions

Why would your auto insurance rates double when you accidentally let your policy expire?

Probably as a penalty for letting the old policy expire. Typically, the companies with the lowest initial rates end up costing more due to penalties, rate hikes and possibly dropping you form the policy altogether.

Can you buy car insurance for a month?

Yes. Many auto insurance companies will let you purchase a 30-day policy.

What is a sr26?

If you carry an SR22 (proof of financial responsibility) on your auto insurance policy, the SR26 is notification sent by your insurance company to the state to let the state know your insurance policy has canceled.

Can you take out an insurance policy on your grandson with out his consent?

I can't think of a reason why not. If you want to pay someone to insure something (or someone) they should let you. I suppose it really depends on exactly what the insurance policy is (life insurance, auto insurance, some other general liability insurance). Check with the specific insurance company about the specific type of insurance for an exact answer.

If you only carry liability insurance on a vehicle can you let your child drive it if they do not live with you?

All drivers should be listed on your policy to be a covered driver. you should add your child to your auto policy for proper coverage.

In New York State can you exclude a spouse from your auto insurance policy if she will never drive due to a lifelong disability?

As long as you let the insurance company know that you are married and the reason she will never drive the vehicle.

What are your rights when it comes to an auto insurance claim?

Rights don't have a lot to do with it. An auto insurance policy is a legally binding contract. You have a right to obey the terms of the contract and so does the insurance company. If you have a covered claim, they will repair, replace, or pay the ACV of the vehicle at their choice. I could tell you more if you let me know what you want to know.

What to do with car insurance policy if spouse dies?

I would let your insurance company know. They can remove them from the policy. That might help lower your rates. Sorry for your lost.

How can you get an auto insurance quote .?

Just call up any insurance company offering Auto Coverage in your State. Many will also let you get your quote from their web site.

I let a friend drive my car and they had an accident whose insurance pays?

If your friend was at fault- then your insurance policy will pay first. Always remember the insurance follows the vehicle, NOT the driver. If the costs of the accident exceed your policy limits, your friend's policy will respond next.

Is there an auto insurance company in pa that will allow me to exclude my husband from my auto insurance policy?

I'm sure there are several auto insurance companies that will allow you to exclude your husband. You need to know what exactly this means. It means that if he drives one of the vehicles on your policy for any reason at all that there will be no coverage provided by your policy. In exchange for this exclusion you will not be charged anything based on his driving record. Remember that it makes no difference if you get back together for a weekend, if there is an emergency and he drives you to the hospital, if his car is torn up and you let him borrow it, there is no coverage until after the exclusion is lifted by the insurance company. You do not have the authority to lift it yourself, only the company can. If you still want to do this I recommend that you go see and independent insurance agent who represents many companies and let them search for the best rates and coverage of companies for what you want.

If you let your homeowners policy lapse when you switched auto ins carriers and forgot to get new homeowners ins with it but now see water damage to condo ceiling can you still get coverage and how?

Your insurance broker can answer your question.

People also asked