Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2013-11-23 05:52:15
2013-11-23 05:52:15

It depends. If you are someone who has a business that operates in the USA but do not live there, you can still get an account opened because you are earning an income in the US but if you do not have any business or earn any income and do not live in the USA, you cannot open an account.

Bank accounts can be opened in the USA only by individuals who either live there or conduct a business there or earn an income there.


Related Questions

yes they can open it if they comited to live there.

To open a US Bank account, you either need to be a Citizen of USA or someone who runs a business in USA or someone who earns an income in USA. If you do not fall under either of these 3 categories, then you will not be able to open a US bank account. To open a bank account, you need identity proof, address proof and Social Security Number.

It depends: 1. If the person is on an official trip to USA and will be earning an income while his stay in USA then - Yes he can open an account with any Bank in USA. 2. if the person is on a personal/tourist trip to USA and will not be earning any income during his stay there then - No, he cannot open an account with any Bank in USA.

This depends on where you live. In Canada, if you are the primary on the account you can go into your branch and have the other person removed. In the US however, some banks will not remove names from accounts and you will be required to close the account and open a new account under your name.

US prepaid cards cannot be redeemed on an XBOX Live account tied to the UK.

why would you think he or she couldn't

It depends: 1. If the person is on an official trip to India and will be earning an income while his stay in India then - Yes he can open an account with any Bank in India. 2. if the person is on a personal/tourist trip to India and will not be earning any income during his stay here in India then - No, he cannot open an account with any Bank in India.

There are several documents that are required to open a joint bank account in the US. Both parties will need a photo ID, social security numbers, address in the US, etc.

Scottrade requires that you have a permanent address in the US. If they were to find out that you were no longer living in the US they would indeed close the account.

Step 1: get identification. In the US, banks are now more or less required to have new customers prove their identity before they can open an account.

Typically any bank account you open will have your social security number on it, which is how your debts are listed, which is how any new account you open will be frozen also. It doesn't matter where you are (at least in the US), it will happen, especially if it is a debt to the IRS. You may want to talk to an attorney if you need to open an account.

Yes. As long as you have a valid Visa to live in the US.

If you want to open an individual account you need to be at least 18 years old because that is the age when law allows us to take decisions by ourselves. If you are not 18 years old yet, you can still open the account by taking your parent or elder sibling and have them nominated as the legal guardian to the account.

The Amish are different from us because they live simply while we don't live simply.

You have to have a CPF and a physical address to open a personal cheking account in Brazil. CPF is the taxpayer number, such as an ITIN / SSN. Banks usually want to see the client as you haver to sign docs to open the account and a proof of home address in your name, such as an utility bill. Maybe you can find specilized companies which deal with it, I mean, to help you open an account in Brazil

A US citizen can legally open a bank account with the Philippine National Bank after filling out and submitting special paperwork required of US citizens. Many foreign banks are no longer willing to open accounts for citizens of the United States due to passage of the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA). The paperwork and reporting requirements required by foreign banks that allow US citizens to open bank accounts are so onerous that many banks simply refuse to open accounts for US citizens. In addition, there are severe penalties for both the banks and US citizens who inadvertently or deliberately violate the rules and regulations imposed by FATCA.

You need to be at least 18 to open your own PayPal account (the same applies to an eBay account, too). In the US it is possible for parents to supervise a PayPal account for younger users.

A passbook is a small notebook that is issued to us when we open an account with a bank. It would contain our details like name, account number etc. Also it would contain the list of all transactions (deposits and withdrawals) that were done in our account. This will be useful for us to revisit our banking pattern and also to find out the balance we have in our account.

To open a USA bank account for a non-resident, you should have all basic information about the person. You can then pay a visit to a local bank for registration. You can also register online.

There are many banks that allow someone to open a free checking account online. Such banks include Ally Bank, Peoples Bank, Citizens Bank, and US Bank.

Yes! A US citizen can live in France while retaining US citizenship. He or she can also have dual citizenship or apply for French citizenship.

Yes, a US national can open a bank account with out Social Security Number (SSN). A bank cannot refuse your request for bank account if you are unable to present SSN. If some bank still insist for SSN than you can consult to some consumer court. I have linked some more information in "Related Links" regarding the opening of bank account without SSN.


If you are in the US you don't need to write a letter. Go to the new bank, open an account, and transfer the funds from your old account into the new one. Then, go to the old bank and officially close the account.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.