Can you use a credit counseling service to pay the deficiency balance in a repo in nc?

I was a Certified Credit Counselor in the state of North Carolina, and the answer to your question is no. The only accounts that a credit counseling organization will accept are revolving accounts (credit cards), payday loans, utility debts, and medical debts. Repossessions will have to be negotiated between you and the collection agency or lender that has this account.