Law & Legal Issues

Do you have to have an associates degree before getting a Bachelors degree?



User Avatar
Wiki User

No, an Associate's Degree just means you have two years of college and probably took courses that were not necessary for transferring to a four-year university. There are some advantages in that some four-year universities accept the Associate's Degree and all credits will transfer so that you enter as a junior. There are cases where a scholarship program only pays for "degree completion," so in Nevada one must at least get an Associate's Degree before transferring out of state for the Millennium Scholarship to pay. If you plan on getting a Bachelor's Degree, you need to check the requirement of the university to which you transfer to determine whether or not it is in your best interest to get one.