Do you need a k1 visa to travel out of the country?

No, a K1 visa is not needed to travel out of the country. a K-1 Visa is a Visa issued to someone engaged to an American citizen so that they can enter America. The person must then marry the American citizen within 90 days of entry into the US and can then get a green card and become a legal citizen of the United States.