Auto Insurance Claims

Do you need to contact your insurance company If someone scratch your car and you have his policy number?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2005-09-07 02:16:52
2005-09-07 02:16:52

If you intend to file the claim against the other persons policy then no you don't have to call your company. As long as the other company is accepting liability for the damage then there is no reason to involve your own company.


Related Questions

Contact your insurance company imediately.

Your insurance company first, then, the police for a report.

Contact the insurance company. Someone at their office will give you that information.

There are several ways a person can contact the American Vehicle Insurance Company. You can contact them by telephone or through post mail. Searching through your local yellow or white pages will provide you with the contact information you need.

If you have liability for an accident, you will need to contact your insurance company. If you do not have liability insurance, you may need to pay for the accident out of pocket.

It depends. In MOST cases, the insurance company will have someone (called an adjuster) assess the damage on your car and write an estimate. After that, your insurance company will contact you on which bodyshop you want the work done at OR sometimes they will pick one for you. The company will then contact the shop who will in turn contact you giving you the ok to bring the car in once they have the approval from the insurance company to begin body work.

Contact your homeowner's insurance company immediately and notify them of your situation.

I would call the person who hit you. Tell them you are calling your insurance company about it and tell them they need to call their insurance as well. That should start the process.

All the police and report it stolen, contact the Department of motor vehicles and your insurance company.

If you know the name of the insurance company, contact them. If you don't, there's no way of knowing. Generally, you would have had to sign the application so presumably you would already know if someone had taken out a life insurance policy on you.

If someone wants to get landlord liability insurance then they can contact their normal house insurance company. Large companies such as Aviva and Cornell will do landlord policies and it is a good idea for any landlord to be fully insured.

If you know the company, contact them to confirm that the policy exists. This kind of information is available to you. If you don't know the company, there really is no way of knowing.

my mother gave me life insurance in 43. how can i get more information about this? i have the policy number and everything

call your insurance company file a the dmv for your state, trace the owner......

Insurance company information is not public information. You can always ask them. If you have a claim against someone, start by contacting your insurance company.

If you are looking health insurance coverage for a college student, you have several choices. You can try your current health insurance company or contact the school office to sign up for the schools insurance program.

No only if his or her blood drips into the wound.Aids is only transmitted by blood and sexual contact and therefore you won't get aids from a scratch.

Exchange insurance information and report it to your insurance company as soon as possible.

contact your insurance broker with details of car registration, owner...etc...

We have a tax deferred annuity with north central life. How do we contact someone at the company for information???

You need to ask your doctor for an itemized bill, then contact your insurance company and ask for a health insurance claim. Fill in your form and ( make sure you make copies as proof to avoid errors ) review it then and then send it to get your health insurance claim.

Yes, as long as you inform the insurance company.

you would have to call the your insurance company but if the person has insurance it should be fine. I know my insurance company covers me for everything its based on the company you are with.

Contact the office of the insurance commission for your state. They will have a fraud department.

They or their insurance company needs to pay for damage and medical bills in the accident. If they don't have insurance, they can still be sued for the accident by the victims insurance company.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.