Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2008-05-11 18:04:33
2008-05-11 18:04:33

Nope, unless your bank is the one you have your credit card with and even then if you send in writing to the company a request to contact you before debiting your account for a disputed charge to your account. Hope that helps.


Related Questions

Right side of a T account is the credit side.

Yes. They have the right to do that. They are the one who is giving you the credit in the first place. Not only can they do that but they can also take away all your credit and close your account for no reason at all if they choose too and they can also sell your account to another company without your permission just because they want too. But they have to notify you that they are doing that. Yes, they can change or even cancel your limit without your consent.

Having done the right thing is to your great credit. I would like to credit my account with a deposit today.

savings account is to save your money till a certain point in time credit is right then and there.

The card is linked to the bank account registered when you first applied for it. Even if the card IS just in your name - it makes NO difference to the card company - so long as they get the money you owe them ! They have a legal right to debit the bank account you registered with them until the debt is repaid.

Many credit card companies have in their terms that they have the right to take 3 to 4 weeks to credit your account with a refunded amount. So the merchant may have processed the refund but your credit card company will take 3 - 4 weeks to accept it. This is so they can hit you with balance charges.

It means that you have that on your credit report for 8 years and that they have the right to collect the judgment from you.

The literal definitions of Debit and Credit in financial accounting are Debit. (1) The left side of the account. (2) the amount entered on the left side of an account. (3) To enter an amount on the left side of an account. Credit, same as above only it is entered on the RIGHT side of the account.

Yes. Owner's Equity is a credit and typically displays on the right side of a balance sheet.

You should continue to make min. payments on your account. If you don't, it will effect your credit rating and it is much harder to repair your credit than get a credit for the payment you made from the credit card company.It depends. You have a right to not pay for the disputed amount on your credit card. This is under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, I believe. They can not use this nonpayment to negatively affect your credit or your account. (I took a class on this in law school)However, if you already had a balance, you still need to make payments to cover that. Withholding payment only applies to the portion you are disputing.

means Credit side (left side is Debit side)

The original creditor either sells the debt to a collection agency or the collection agency may aquire the debt on a contingency basis. At any rate once the account is in collections 30 days from the date of turn over the collection agency has the right to report the account to the credit bureau. Accounts are sent to the credit bureau via internet with encrypted files.

'your account' on the top right of the screen. Then 'credit/debit card' tab on the left. here you change your age.

Yes you can! And you can make a free account if you do it right! Instead of linking a credit card to your account

Debit refers to the left side, and credit to the right side.Balance sheetFor example: A balance sheet has a left side (debit) including the assets and a right side (credit) showing the liabilities and equity. T-accountLikewise, a T-account (used to record transactions) has a debit side and a credit side. For some T-accounts the debit side means increases (and credit decreases), while for other T-accounts it is the reverse.

There would be no reason for a lawsuit. If the company believes you misrepresented you annual income, they would most likely close your account. The only reason to sue you would be for non-payment of the outstanding balance, which they have a right to do.

When you make purchases with a debit card the money is taken out of your account right away, when you purchase with a credit card you don't have to pay in full right away you make payments.

Continental Finance is one of America's leading originators of credit cards for consumers with less than perfect credit. Whether you have fair credit, poor credit, or no credit at all, they have a product that is right for you.

I had the same issue, and technical they can sometimes be a double reporting on your account. You have the right to send that in as a dispute, requesting that one of entries be removed, as these double entries do effect your credit.

Call the original company you owed for a letter that the account has been paid in full -it will need to be on letterhead. They should also remove it from the credit report, but this sometimes doesn't happen and the letter is great back up. Then, contact the different companies. If the entry is not you, then call the credit card companies right away.

No, it would be a violation of the merchant's agreement with the credit card company, and they would lose their right to accept that credit card.

You can pay your credit card bill by sending a check into your credit card company. Some companies have online service options where you can pay right online.

Many credit card issuers will either close the account or reduce the amount of available credit if a card is not used once in a while. The preferred frequency of usage is often arbitrary. However, using a card occasionally and then paying it off right away--within a day or two--would usually avoid any interest and keep the account alive. If one already has an account, the available credit helps to improve one's credit score. Therefore, it is important to keep the account alive.

Yes, if you still owed a balance at the time the account was closed. Just because a company closes an account does not mean that any balances that are owed to them disappear. If your account was closed and there was still a balance outstanding and you did not pay that balance, the company has every right to collect the balance and any interest outstanding.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.