Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2012-10-07 20:28:41

Yes, If the storm was a covered peril under your home insurance policy, then the resulting damages should be subject to coverage.

User Avatar

Your Answer

Related Questions

It should but you need to specify which insurance you have.

The home Owners Insurance Policy will cover storm damage so long as it is not an excluded peril.

no it has nothing to do with your grill cause its homeowners insurance.

For the most part, only if the mold is a result of a roof leak or major storm damage. If you live in a flood plain, you can purchase an additional insurance policy specifically for flood damage that would cover mold removal from floodwaters. If the mold is due to plumbing problems, neglect or other issues, your home owner insurance policy will probably not cover it.

Most homeowners insurance policies cover repairs caused by storm damage, however you will have to check your policy to be certain. Usually, you will have a fixed amount of time to claim damages.

Generally, the homeowner is responsible for hiring a tree removal company to remove trees that fall on their property. Some damage is covered by homeowner's insurance.Generally, the homeowner is responsible for hiring a tree removal company to remove trees that fall on their property. Some damage is covered by homeowner's insurance.Generally, the homeowner is responsible for hiring a tree removal company to remove trees that fall on their property. Some damage is covered by homeowner's insurance.Generally, the homeowner is responsible for hiring a tree removal company to remove trees that fall on their property. Some damage is covered by homeowner's insurance.

Depends on the reason it collapsed. If a storm knocked down a tree and crushed it it should. Just old and rusted... prob not :(

If you have comprehensive coverage on your auto policy it will cover storm damage to your vehicle, subject to your deductible of course.

No, Homeowners insurance does not cover damages to your automobile. Your home insurance policy is property insurance for the specified structures and real property listed on the policy. Cars are not listed as covered property on your home insurance policy, that's what auto insurance is for.

It depends on what caused the damage to the bricks. Did a car run into your brick home, Then the drivers Auto Insurance policy should cover it. Did a storm blow out your bricks, Then your home owners policy would cover it if you have wind storm coverage. If your home is just old and the bricks are crumbling due to age or lack of maintenance, then they may not be covered on your home owners insurance policy. Home owners Insurance, just like auto insurance does not provide coverage for normal wear and tear or for normal maintenence issues.

It depends on teh cause of the damage. If you had a big storm that caused a tree to fall on your roof and puncture it and rain came in at the same time then yes it would cover the damage. If you had leaks in the roof due to lack of maintenance and leaks occured in the roof then no it would no cover this type of damage. Home insurance covers damage that is "sudden and accidental" and caused by a covered cause, it does not cover maintenance, normal wear, and damage that happened over a period of time.

This varies from landlord to landlord. If you are staying in full fledged apartment, the insurance will be taken care of by the apartment owner itself. otherwise if you staying in independant house, we have take care of insurance cover for strom damage, flooding.

House insurance can cover different things depending on your policy. Common things covered include storm damage, some kinds of theft, and fire. You can also get specific flood insurance. There are many different houses out there. Because there are houses, there are companies that offer house insurance. Depending on one's house insurance plan, it can cover different things.

If you have wind and hail coverage on your policy and the detached garage is a covered structure on that policy then Yes, your policy would cover the damages.

No, renters insurance is coverage specific to property that belongs to the named insured.If it's a rental property then the property owners insurance would cover storm damage to the roof. If it's just worn out then that would be an owners maintenance issue.

A homeowners policy will cover damage done by a covered cause. It does not cover maintenance as the homeowner is responsible for maintaining the home. Septic pipe damage is almost always the result of lack of maintenance. I cannot think of any way that septic pipe would be damaged by a covered cause. Perhaps if a storm blew down trees and the falling over of the trees caused the uprooting of parts of the septic pipe. This would be a covered cause.

depends on source-some won't cover an act of God if it was a storm or flood unless you have specific flood coverage.

It is important to contact your insurance provider right away after any type of damage. Most, if not all, companies provide storm damage coverage but make sure you study your policy as there are so many different types of storm damage (wind, hail, lightning, etc.)

Yes. This is not a 'flood' situation. Flood insurance covers rising waters entering the home. The homeowners policy covers resulting water damage from a wind damaged roof.

Generally an issue like this is not a covered loss on a homeowners insurance. The reason for this is that it is a maintenance issue that should have been fixed by the homeowner before damage occurred. Now if a storm occurred and a tree branch broke the skylight and then because of the storm rain came into the home. In the second case the cause was windstorm. Windstorm is a covered cause on a homeowners policy and therefore not only will the skylight be fixed but also the damage caused by the water coming into the home and whatever damage was caused by this. Most issues that are covered under a homeowners policy and ones that are "sudden and accidental". A lack of maintenance type of damage is usually something that happens over a period of time.

Most basic home insurance policies cover the perils of fire, storm, theft, and vandalism. You can get better policies also that cover many more perils, such a water, collapse, vehicle, etc.

You might use the following adjectives to describe the word damage: severe, minor, storm, tornado, major.Here is an example of a sentence in which the word stormis used as an adjective to describe damage. The customer filed an insurance claim for storm damage to her garage.

Yes, and this may not apply to you but may apply to others: if the house is not very well maintained, the insurance company may limit, hold or deny the claim because it may not be able to show that the damage was due to ice. Insurance is not a maintenance policy and depending on the kind of policy you chose (replacement cost or ACV - actual cash value) it may pay for all claims the way you might hope. Talk with your agent to help ensure you have the coverage you want and are willing to pay for.

Copyright ยฉ 2021 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.