Child Support

Does the custodial parent have to agree if you want to relinquish your parental rights?

User Avatar
Wiki User
July 15, 2015 9:31PM

No, under Louden v. Olpin ["Louden"] (1981) 118 Cal.App.3d 565 ,

173 Cal.Rptr. 447,

You can't force the non-custodial parent to do anything other

than pay support

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.