Best Answer

Yes, he will be treated as "US Citizen born abroad"

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2010-04-21 21:22:36
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides
See all Study Guides
Create a Study Guide

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: Father an American citizen and mother is not child born in another country is the child an American citizen?
Write your answer...
Related questions

Mother an American citizen and father is not child born in another country is the child an American citizen?

Yes. the child is American citizen.

I went to USA ON 2009 i was 12 and my dad is an american citizen am i a citizen?

Yes, you are a citizen by the mere virtue that your father is an American and you have lived in the country for more than 3 years.

Is a person born in a foreign country who's mother is American and who's father is a national of that country considered a US citizen?


What if an alien becomes pregnant by a U.S. citizen?

if this alien becomes pregnant by an American, the baby is automaticaly an American citizen but at any time the mother can be deported back to her country unless she is married to the father of the baby or to a u.s citizen.

What is the citizenship of a baby with a Canadian mother and a filipino father born in the Philippines?

the child will be a citizen of both countries the country that the child is born in and wherever the mother or father is from like say the baby's mother is a filipina and the father is an american the child will be a citizen of both countries

You have an American father and Korean mother born in Korea on a military base what citizenship are you?

You have an automatic American Citizenship as the father is an American citizen. It doesn't matter whether or not you are born on a military base or if your mother isn't a American citizen.

Is a person born in a foreign country of a mother that is a US citizen and a father that is not a US citizen a US citizen?


What are the rules if you want to play football for your country?

You must be a citizen of that country, qualify through a mother, father or grandparent, or have gained citizenship in that country with out playing for another country at full international level.

How does a Mexican mother of American child become a citizen?

father borm in san francisco but the mother is an mexican citizen and baby born in mexico is the baby an american citizen

If an illegal alien father has a baby with a US citizen mother will the father automatically become a US citizen after the baby is born?

No, he has to take a test and qualify to become an American citizen.

Can a father send his daughter legally back to her mother in another country Bulgaria if she is not a US citizen she is 17 years old and lives in new jersey?

There is nothing that would stop him. She is not a citizen of the US.

Does a Filipino citizen child has the right to get child support to his American citizen father who is not a legal paren on the birthcertificate?


Can i become president if i were born in a foreign country and my father was a citizen but my mother was not a American citizen?

I'm assuming you're asking if you can be President of the United States. The simple answer is, it depends. The father must have spent five years in the US after age 14 before you were born for you to be considered an American citizen. Things become more complicated if your parents weren't married. You'd have to prove paternity somehow.

Is a child born outside the US to a naturalized father and a US mother a natural US citizen or a naturalized one?

A child born to two American citizens outside the U.S.A becomes a citizen of the country of birth.

If a foreign baby's father is American is the baby automatically a us citizen?

Only if the birth is registered in that country's U.S. embassy. If not, he can still be a citizen if father lived in the US a certain amount of years, and a certain amount of years past a specific age ( the actual years and age depends on the father's year of birth). If that fails,

Can the mother staying in south africa get a court order to arrest the father who is now living in another country but still citizen of south africa if he stop paying child support?

Yes, a mother South Africa can get an arrest warrant for a father living in another country if he stops paying for child support.

Child is a US citizen mother is Indian citizen father is US citizen who gets custody?

The custody issue would probably depend on the country in which it is tried and where the child resides. It is likely that the child will remain in the country he or she is living in.

Does your child become a citizen when the father is American?

That would depend on if the child is born in america

Citizenship of a child born in Mexico of an American mother and a Mexican citizen father?

He is both Mexican and American. He has dual citizenship.

When A wife from another country on tourst visa takes a child born to an American father an leaves the house taking the child's papers that have made her an American citizen and child's passport.?

There is something wrong with this question. The question states that the wife is also an American Citizen by virtue of both marriage and an "anchor baby." Why would she be in the US on a 'tourist visa?' Other than that - - Immediately notify your local law enforcement agency of a parental kidnapping.

Does it require both parents to be US citizens if born outside US to be qualified for the US presidency?

The parents have nothing to do with it. The person who wishes to run for President needs to have been born in the US or a US territory. To be qualified, one must be Born in the United States, regardless of parents' citizenship. Adding another opinion here. Article 2 Section 1 of the Constitution says that a person has to be a "natural born Citizen" to be eligible. It does not say that the person has to be born within the physical confines of the U.S. A child born to an American mother while out of the country is considered a natural born US citizen even if the father is not a US citizen. If a child is born abroad to a woman who is not an American citizen and if the father is a citizen then there is a process the father has to go through to prove he is the father and if he does that then the child will be considered a natural born citizen. There are even circumstances when a child born within the US is not considered a citizen. It is more complicated than just having to be born in the United States.

A child born in Mexico the mother is Mexican and the father is American citizen does the child have duel citizenship?


What is barrack Obam'a nationality?

US citizen. Mother was an American of Irish descent, and his father was from Kenya.

If father and child an US citizen and illegal mother is deported What happen to the child?

The child is an American citizen if the child was born on American soil. The child should be able to stay in the US with the father. Unless the mother takes the child with her. There could be a custody dispute between the mother and father, it should be what is best for the child.

If an American citizen mother gives birth in Italy the father is an Italian citizen is the child American or Italian or both?

Both and later the child can keep both citizenship's or just take one, but any child born to an American citizen is an American no matter where they are born. I would go to the embassy and get my child their passport papers.