How can a fuse prevent electric shocking?
fuse wire overheats and melts in plug and cuts off the supply of electric current.
Structure and use of a fuse: A fuse contains of a metal contact cap,glass casing,thin metal wire with a low melting point.When the electric appliances is faluty,the excess electric current will flow through the crcuit.Owing to the heating effect of elecric current,a large amount of heat will be produced.The circuit may thus occured a fire.The installation of fuse can stop excessive electric current.the low melting point thin wire in the fuse will melt and break…
A fuse is intended to be a weak link of thin wire that goes in series with a circuit. If the current becomes too high for any reason, the fuse wire melts and cuts off the supply. Without a fuse, the circuit will heat up until something else melts, which might cause a fire. So fuses are necessary to prevent electrical fires.