Child Support

How can a person collect child support when they have to pay child support?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2013-05-27 07:19:28
2013-05-27 07:19:28

You sue the person for child support. Just because you pay child support for one child does not mean you can not receive child support for the one you have custody of.


Related Questions

Yes, child support has no bearing on your income. It is considered income to support the children. Your lack of employment will not affect the need for the other individual to pay you. If the other person becomes unemployed, they will still need to pay you.

when a person has a child it is mandatory that they pay child support no matter where they live

Yes. Andre Rison had to pay over $60K of his pension to back child support.

The State can place a lien on an IRA to collect child support arrearages, yes.

A person may have to pay child support even if the child is 18 and in college and has a medical condition. This may be true if the person owes back child support.

No, a person will not be ordered to pay child support on any children that are not his. The only way a person would be ordered to pay child support a child who is not theirs is if they had legally adopted that child.

In most cases the parent who has the child doesn't have to pay child support. The parent who does not have the child pays child support if they want visitation rights. In most jurisdictions, the non custodial parent must pay child support even without visitation rights.

You cannot make your mother-in-law pay you child support. The only person who you can demand child support from is the father of the child.

Your ex-wife's husband has no obligation to pay child support. An ex husband, if a support order exists, can be turned over to the support enforcement department in your state. It is their job to collect.

If you are supposed to pay child support, the fact that the child is earning money from two jobs, has nothing to do with child support. Child support is paid to the person looking after the child to help support your child!

The requirement for a person to pay child support is ordered by a judge, whether it is 1, 2 or 3 children for whom they must pay child support.

Not unless he is the father of the child. Only the biological parents pay for their child.

If the person has a responsibility toward the child then it is reasonable, and legal for the person to pay child support.

Yes, if the father has more time with the child than the mother, she will owe him child support.

No, I do not have to pay child support.

No, the person who has the child is the person who gets the child support so she would have to pay child support herself, as well as the father, to the person who has custody of the child.

If there is a court order for him to pay child support, the best thing to do is report his delinquent payments to your local Department of Human Services. They will work to collect the money he owes.

There is nothing you can do about it because child support and visitation are two separate things. Even though a person does not pay their child support, you can still get into trouble if you do not allow them to have their visits with the child.

A person who is a citizen of the United States will be required to pay child support at age 18. Child support must also be paid until the child reaches the age of 18.

Yes they still try to collect in any way they can. If you don't pay it then it goes to owed child support. They don't care if you don't have a job. Also they can put a lien on all your personal property.

The person who needs to pay child support for the baby is the baby's father, not you because the baby is not your child.

Yes, if a parent owes back child support, they will have to pay it until it is zeroed out even when the children are grown. The age of the child does not affect back child support at all.

Child support from a deployed soldier can still be taken from the soldiers pay and sent to you. You will need to speak to an attorney for more details.

Although I feel fathers should, in most cases, be part of their children's lives and certainly take responsibility for paying child support, it's dishonest to collect child support for two children when you only had one at home. If this was the agreement with the court, then yes, your ex can make you pay back some of that money. Let's hope he has a big heart! Marcy It is fraud to collect child support for (2) children if a person only has (1) child. The person should absolutely return the money, it is not her's to keep.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.