Best Answer
DWI Insurance?You get your auto insurance the same way anyone else would ecxept that since your a "High Risk", you'll have to pay more and will probably have to look around more to find an Insurance Company that will accept you.

An answer from someone who has used the maneuver of setting up a new residence, etc., twice because of DWI's is really not a reliable source of information, comitting a "Felony" fraudoffense is not the way to go. I suggest that you "bite the bullet," admit your culpability, pay the higher insurance premium from your carrier for the next five years, and swear you will not drink and drive again.

Commit Felony Fraud?If you really want to drive that bad set up an address in another state or if you have a relative in another state ask them if you can use their address and then surrender your license to the DMV in that state assuming it's not suspended. once you establish an address you just need your license from your state and 6 points of ID which would be SS# birth certificate, passport credit card employee ID those will help. whats gonna happen is that you will surrender your old license from your state in exchange for the new one in what ever state you decide to do it with. if you have points dont worry about that its illegal for any state to transfer points from state to you will have a fresh start..Ive done it twice and I live in NJ and I have a NY license and in NJ i had 10 points now i have zero with my NY license LOL... Of course if Caught you may spend some time in prison.

Assuming the courts haven't taken away your license, you'll need to contact a "high-risk" carrier like Progressive. If you've had to file an SR-22, you would give it to the carrier and go from there.

It's going to be very, very pricey, by the way, for about five years. And even after that, your record will probably keep your premiums pretty high.

You take the bus for the next five years.

Surrender LicenseIt's simple. Take your license to DMV, tell them you surrender it and ask for a plain ID card. Stay off public roads at least 7 years.

After that, re-apply all over again then the convictions (as long as no deaths resulted) should be totally erased. Then you'll be able to get insurance through whoever you want.

Please stay off the roads!

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2015-07-15 20:50:07
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: How can you get auto insurance after 2 DWIs?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
People also asked