Law & Legal Issues
Rules of the Road

How can you get back the license plates of a repossessed vehicle to cancel your registration?

User Avatar
Wiki User
2008-09-30 20:03:35

If you are trying to cancel your car registration and want to

give your license plates back to the DMV all you need to do is go

to DMV and fill out affidavit that your vehicle has been

repossessed because you have the plates to surrender.

Otherwise, just call all the impound lots in your county see if

they have your vehicle and ask them when can you retrieve your

personal belongings and plates from your vehicle.

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.