How do you beat Time Tangled Island?
To beat Time Tangled Island, you will travel to the future and receive a time travel device. You visit 11 locations and times in the past, and return 11 misplaced items to their proper time period. Afterward, you visit the restored future.
THE SOLUTION INCLUDING SPOILERS :
Arriving on Time Tangled Island, walk to the right and there will be a building that says "Party Time Tower" (it's a multi-player room). Keep on walking right.
1) A lady is standing outside of "Pendulum's Lab" crying. She will talk about your mission. When she goes into the lab, follow her.
2) Inside the lab, you receive a mission printout, and the two assistants explain more about the Future Machine.
3) Power up the machine by going to the lower level, and pushing the large "power plug" to the right until it is plugged in. The Future Machine powers up.
4) Step into the machine and you are transported 50 years into the future, surrounded by ruins. Go left and you encounter an older version of yourself, who warns that you have to correct the "twists in time" that have moved important items from one time to another.
5) Your older self gives you what appears to be a pocket watch, which is actually a time travel device marked with 12 locations : your present at 12 o'clock marked as LAB and 11 others identified by years and the societies you will travel to. Set a time, then press the watch stem and you will travel there. To leave the island, choose LAB and you will be outside Pendulum's lab on Main Street.
6) As you return the missing items, the time device will turn GREEN for that time. That does not mean that there aren't any items left there, only that they no longer need anything.
7) When you finish helping everyone, the entire dial will be green. Go back to the Lab, and use the Future machine again. Use the air lift tube and monorails to get to your future self's Sky Home. There, talk to your future self and they will give you the Time Tangled Island Medallion. You can use the time device Lab setting to return to the Lab and then the Poptropica blimp.
What each time needs and where to get it:
- 328 BC - Golden Vase: This is definitely the hardest. Go to the Great Wall of China 1593 AD and pick up a barrel of gunpowder. Go to where the Vikings are in 831 AD and climb onto the first cliff. Use the gunpowder to blast the rocks. Pick up the torch and go inside. You only have a little while before your torch goes out to find the vase. It will also go out if you step in water. (Hint : run down, up, up, up, across, down, and left.)
- 831 AD - Thor's Amulet: Go to the Great Wall of China 1593 AD and past the construction zone. A man will be wearing the amulet. If you beat him in a memory game he will give it to you.
- 1387 AD - Salt Rocks: If you go to the Graff House in 1776 AD and jump onto the roof, they are in a bag right there.
- 1516 AD Leonardo's Notebook: Go to the Statue of Liberty 1882 AD. Climb so you're on the very top platform of the scaffold. Jump to your left. The Notebook is on the ledge.
- 1519 AD - Sun Stone Piece: On top of Edison's Workshop in 1877 AD. Go to the left and jump on the antique car. Click the circle at the rear and the car will drive forward, and stop under the tree. Climb up the tree and onto the house.
- 1593 AD - Stone Bowl: Go to Lewis and Clark's campsite 1805 AD. There will be a tree that has the words "Clark was here" carved into it. Climb the tree and wait for a beaver to come out. He has the bowl on his head.
- 1776 AD - Declaration of Independence: In the Mali Empire 1387 AD (watch out for snakes) there will be a place called "Timbuktu Inn". A document merchant is in there. Piece together a puzzle for him to get the Declaration of Independence.
- 1805 AD - Peace Medal: Hanging on the pulley system in Da Vinci's Workshop 1516 AD. First climb onto the middle platform, making the top one come closer so you can jump on it. Get on the top platform, you will go down but the bottom platform will come out. Jump onto the bottom platform and from there jump and try to touch the shiny silver circle. If you touch it, then you've got the Peace Medal. (* If you have too much trouble, go to the Statue of Liberty in 1882, and get Da Vinci's notebook. When you return it, you can use his glider wings to reach the Peace medal.)
- 1877 AD - Phonograph: On top of the treasury building 328 BC (the guards are standing in front of it) in Ancient Greece. You have to climb up the winged statue and jump to the roof.
- 1882 AD - Statue Model: On the very top peak of Mount Everest 1953 AD
- 1953 AD - Climbing Goggles: In the Aztec Empire in 1519 AD , a guard is wearing them and will give them to you if you are wearing a Warrior's Mask (from the old warrior at far right).
Clothes You Can Get:
- Warrior's Mask: In the Aztec Empire there is an old warrior who wants to retire. Talk to him at the third pyramid and he'll give his mask to you.
- The Viking Suit: It's laying on the second cliff where the Vikings are : use the Glider Wings to reach it.
(For details, shortcuts, or where the various times are, see the related questions below)