Can't Log On to Windows XP?
If that's your only problem, then you probably have nothing to worry about. As long as you have your Windows XP CD, you can get back into your system using a simple but effective method made possible by a little known access hole in Windows XP.
This method is easy enough for newbies to follow it doesnt require using the Recovery Console or any complicated commands. And its free - I mention that because you can pay two hundred dollars for an emergency download of Winternals ERD with Locksmith which is a utility for unlocking lost Windows passwords.
ERD is an excellent multi purpose product, but you should know it is not a necessary one if you have a healthy system and your sole problem is the inability to logon to Windows due to a forgotten password. Not necessary because you can easily change or wipe out your Administrator password for free during a Windows XP Repair. Heres how with a step-by-step description of the initial Repair process included for newbies.
1. Place your Windows XP CD in your CD-ROM and start your computer (its assumed here that your XP CD is bootable as it should be - and that you have your bios set to boot from CD)
2. Keep your eye on the screen messages for booting to your CD Typically, it will be Press any key to boot from CD
3. Once you get in, the first screen will indicate that Setup is inspecting your system and loading files.
4. When you get to the Welcome to Setup screen, press ENTER to Setup Windows now
5. The Licensing Agreement comes next - Press F8 to accept it.
6. The next screen is the Setup screen which gives you the option to do a Repair.
It should read something like If one of the following Windows XP installations is damaged, Setup can try to repair it
Use the up and down arrow keys to select your XP installation (if you only have one, it should already be selected) and press R to begin the Repair process.
7. Let the Repair run. Setup will now check your disks and then start copying files which can take several minutes.
8. Shortly after the Copying Files stage, you will be required to reboot. (this will happen automatically you will see a progress bar stating Your computer will reboot in 15 seconds
9. During the reboot, do not make the mistake of pressing any key to boot from the CD again! Setup will resume automatically with the standard billboard screens and you will notice Installing Windows is highlighted.
10. Keep your eye on the lower left hand side of the screen and when you see the Installing Devices progress bar, press SHIFT + F10. This is the security hole! A command console will now open up giving you the potential for wide access to your system.
11. At the prompt, type NUSRMGR.CPL and press Enter. Voila! You have just gained graphical access to your User Accounts in the Control Panel.
12. Now simply pick the account you need to change and remove or change your password as you prefer. If you want to log on without having to enter your new password, you can type control userpasswords2 at the prompt and choose to log on without being asked for password. After you've made your changes close the windows, exit the command box and continue on with the Repair (have your Product key handy).
13. Once the Repair is done, you will be able to log on with your new password (or without a password if you chose not to use one or if you chose not to be asked for a password). Your programs and personalized settings should remain intact.
I tested the above on Windows XP Pro with and without SP1 and also used this method in a real situation where someone could not remember their password and it worked like a charm to fix the problem. This security hole allows access to more than just user accounts. You can also access the Registry and Policy Editor, for example. And its gui access with mouse control. Of course, a Product Key will be needed to continue with the Repair after making the changes, but for anyone intent on gaining access to your system, this would be no problem.
And in case you are wondering, NO, you cannot cancel install after making the changes and expect to logon with your new password.
Cancelling will just result in Setup resuming at bootup and your changes will be lost.
Ok, now that your logon problem is fixed, you should make a point to prevent it from ever happening again by creating a Password Reset Disk. This is a floppy disk you can use in the event you ever forget your log on password. It allows you to set a new password.
Here's how to create one if your computer is NOT on a domain:
* Go to the Control Panel and open up User Accounts.
* Choose your account (under Pick An Account to Change) and under Related Tasks, click "Prevent a forgotten password".
* This will initiate a wizard.
* Click Next and then insert a blank formatted floppy disk into your A: drive.
* Click Next and enter your logon password in the password box.
* Click Next to begin the creation of your Password disk.
* Once completed, label and save the disk to a safe place
How to Log on to your PC Using Your Password Reset Disk
Start your computer and at the logon screen, click your user name and leave the password box blank or just type in anything. This will bring up a Logon Failure box and you will then see the option to use your Password Reset disk to create a new password. Click it which will initiate the Password Reset wizard. Insert your password reset disk into your floppy drive and follow the wizard which will let you choose a new password to use for your account.
Note: If your computer is part of a domain, the procedure for creating a password disk is different.
If you lost windows password, you can go into safe mode (F8 when booting up) to recover windows password while you forgot user account password, but if you forgot administrator password, there is no way to change administrator password while you forgot it. You might need to buy password recovery software.
If you lost windows password, you can go into safe mode (F8 when booting up) to recover windows password while you forgot user account password,but if you forgot administrator password,there is no way to change administrator password while you forgot it,you must use software to recover administrator password.my favorite is Windows Password Recovery 9.0.
logicalexpressions.com & select forgot administrator password category it worked 4 me good luck....
Contact your system administrator.
Format the machine...............
If it is a BIOS password, there is usually a button inside the computer you can press if not that you can remove the CMOS battery and that clears it back to default. If it is a login password, you can use a password reset disk to change your password again at login or you can have a administrator login and change it for you.
I forgot my face book password
The best way to recover a password is to either use a password recovery link or contact the webpage administrator.
Login with Current or different user(if U forgot the Password) Eg: Administrator Go to control panel>user accounts > Change password Or reset the password after loging to different user(administratior account)
I have it too and its a pain in the neck. If you don't have the administrator password, you can always click on the k9 symol at startup and click forgot password. a temporary password will be sent to you if you agree, but i wouldn't do it unless i had forgot the password.
As far as I know, You can reset windows user account password in safe mode(F8 when booting up). But if you forgot administrator password, you must reinstall windows OS or use the "Windows Password Seeker".
try this go to general and then pick password .
At the login page, underneath the part where you type in your password, click forgot password. Then you can change your password.
You need to log in your router as administrator, then go in administrator properties where you can find the field to change the password.
Go to start then control panel then user account the go to change password of any account if you are administrator if you are not an administrator you cannot change any password or make any changes
One way to recover it would be to go into safe mode and login as Administrator.
to change your password you need to click forgot password and then type your new password and type the code thingy
If you forgot a Windows XP password, you can log on as an administrator to reset the password. Follow this:1) Restart the computer.2) Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE twice, then type the name of the administrator user account.3) Type the administrator password in the password box, and then click OK.4) Click START ->> RUN ->> Type 'control userpasswords2' ->> click OK.5) On the Users tab, click the name of the user account that you want to reset the password for, and then click Reset Password.6) Type a new password in the New password box, and then type the password again in the Confirm new password box, and then click OK.7) Restart the computer, and then try to log on to Windows again.If you forgot or lost your Windows password, you can log on as a valid administrator account to reset all users and other administrators password, without any tool. But, if you forgot your only administrator password, you can reinstall your system with Boot-CD, or reset your Windows password with a Windows Password Reset Disk if you got one, or use some Windows password recovery tool to reset the password. Windows Password Recovery Tool 3.0 is a good choice for Windows password recovery, it can easily reset Windows user and administrator password to blank without reintalling your system.
you can change your password i forgot my email nd i cant change my password
You will have to talk to a school administer to get change your password.
If you are trying to reset windows 7 password which is not associated with the administrator account you can in fact reset that password as long as you have your administrator password.The only way to reset your administrator password if you cannot remember it on Windows 7 is to either purchase a password recovery software program or reinstall Windows 7 with your recovery disk. You can get more information from Toshiba Official Website.
It depends on what you forgot the password TO. Many websites have a "forgot password" icon or link that you can click on to go to a page to reset your password; normally this requires you to answer security questions that you created when setting up your account, or possibly sends an email to your registered email address. The latter is less than helpful if it's your email password that you forgot.If those don't work for you, your best hope is to contact an administrator of the system to get your password reset.
When your typing your password in at the login page, just click "forgot password" and it will send you a password reset to your email. And that's how you can change your password on youtube!
If it's your computer just cancel that password using your account (if it's the administrator type account) or a special CD allowing to cancel passwords. If it's not your computer then it's illegal and you chose a wrong place to ask for.