Best Answer

You need to buy a KVM or KM switch also called a Keyboard/Video/Mouse switch which will allow you to swap between two or more PC using only 1 monitor. Good companies doing this are:

Belkin KVM
Cables to go KVM
Tripp Lite KVM
KVM Switches Online:

For example of KVM Switch:

For example of KM Switch:

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2006-09-02 14:11:02
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides


22 cards

What does a laptop do

What is Voice Recognition

Does ATT use UPS

A liquid display crystal monitor is also known as a crt monitor

See all cards
13 Reviews

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: How do you connect two computers to one monitor?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
Related questions

Can I Connect one monitor to two computers?

You can buy a switch box that have that allows you to connect two computers to one monitor and switch back and forth as you wish. You would three cables. I

Can you connect two computers to one monitor without using a switch?

I believe that it is possible to connect to computers to one monitor. I have worked with brand new LCD monitors with two inputs - one DVI and one VGA. The monitor auto-senses which port is being used. So in theory, use the auto detect button on the front of the LCD panel to switch between computers.

How do you connect two computers to one printer that is not networked?

Connect the printer to one of the computers and share it over the network.

Can you use a single modem to connect two computers?

If you want to connect two computers together, you do not need a modem for it. If you want to connect two computers together and connect both of them to internet yes you need a modem.

You have two computers sharing a common keyboard mouse and monitor and two different printers how can you connect both printers to both computers?

Use a cross over cable to connect computer to each other, and assign manual IPs. After that share you printers within of your network of two.

How can I use one monitor and keyboard with two computers?

It is very possible to have two computers and one monitor. You will need a Belkin switch. The Belkin switch connects the computers together as well as the monitor to give you more power. But the risk of having this can give you chance of crashes, mostly if the computer's aren't very good.

How to connect two computers to one printer?

install the printer on both computers using the disk provided

How many computers did the internet first connect?

Two computers

How do i hook up 2 computers to 1 monitor to transfer files?

You are ready to spend some money you can purchase a KVM switch which allows to connect two and more computers to one monitor (before you purchase it read carefully which kind of ports it supports, many of them don't support usb ports).

Can you connect two computers to one monitor and stay and work online with a network program?

You can connect two computers to one monitor using a KVM swtichbox. Check this product out at Switch Boxu can't connect one monitor in 2 computer.but u can use the monitor disply of other computer through one third party software like VNC Yes we can connect two computer with one monitor. but we cannot connect online with network programYou can connect two computers to one monitor with a KVM (keyboard-video-mouse) switch. Many KVM switches will allow you to connect 4 or 5 computers to one monitor, one keyboard, and one mouse. Have each computer selected when booting to ensure that the computer registers the keyboard and mouse, before changing to another computer. The computers will be connected to the network through their own cables and won't be affected by the KVM switch. Your network programs will work normally.If your monitor has two inputs then most likely you do not need any KVM switch. Just connect both PCs on each port; switching between comps is done usually by front knob. If there is only one input on monitor then you will need a KVM. Before buying this piece of hardware check your graphic cards outputs on each PC. These days most of the monitors have one DVI and one analog (D-SUB) input. While D-SUB is somehow unique, there are different versions of the DVI - DVI-I; DVI-I and DVI-A (check on two or more systems using one monitor can be done:using Remote AccessX11 servicesRemote Access will cause the console/desktop of the remote to be shown on the local monitor and give mouse,keyboard controlX11 (see link below) will give the same access to multiple systems at the same time each within its own window/frame. X11 has extra security consideration and caution should be exercised until one becomes familiar with X11 Security.Windows systems need both X11-Server and Client installs.

What do you need to connect two computers?

a cord

Can you use two modems for two computers?

yes if both modems are registered with the cable company you can also connect one modem to both the computers

People also asked