How do you file a lien for unpaid condominium assessments?

A notice of unpaid condominium fees can be recorded in the land records. A lien must be pursued in court. If the issues a judgment lien that lien can be recorded in the land records.
Your governing documents specify the process the board must follow in order to collect unpaid condominium assessments by filing a lien.

In some states and counties, assessments automatically become liens against the title to the condominium unit, however the lien must be filed in order to be collected.

The board or its attorney can file a lien with the appropriate court in the state or county where the condominium is located.