Asked in Liens

How do you get an illegal lien taken off your property?



User Avatar
Wiki User

You have several options:

  • Call your state attorney's general consumer division for any assistance they can give you regarding your problem.
  • Arrange a consultation with an attorney who can review your situation and write a letter to the person who filed the lien.
  • Take the matter to small claims court and ask the court to issue an order that the person who filed the lien must file a full release of the lien.