How do you get enough financial aid to cover your expenses when you are enrolled in two colleges at the same time?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2012-03-14 17:44:01
2012-03-14 17:44:01
  • For starters, always get your taxes done ASAP each year, and file for financial aid as early as the first week of January through The amount you receive is dependent on how early you file. More money is given to those who apply early, less if you file by the deadline (usually the first 2-3 days of march). Depending on income (especially your parents income if you are 24 or younger) you can receive federal grants. Each state also offers grants based off of your FAFSA application, and if you can't receive grants, depending on your parents income, you can still receive a fee waiver to have free or discounted tuition. Also, although it may be lying, students who say they will be living off-campus receive more than those who admit that they will be living with their parents.
  • Apply for work study programs if they are offered to you as well.
  • You need to decide what college you want to attend as your "degree granting institution," and fill out the financial aid paperwork for that school. Then, ask for the amount of aid needed to fund your education at both schools. More than likely, one would only take a couple of classes at their "secondary" school. If the financial aid from scholarships and government loans are not enough to cover the costs, private funding may be an option. Keep in mind though, that private loans are credit-based loans that require an established, positive, credit history. Moreover, if the student will not be working, it will probably be necessary to obtain a cosigner to guarantee the loan. Further, these loans, generally, have higher interest rates and other fees than that of government-backed loans; they should be used as a last resort.
  • If there's a will, there's a way! Think ahead so that you can plan the things you will going to do so that you can go to two colleges and have enough money for both!
  • Federal or state financial aid in the form of grants or loans CANNOT be used at two schools at once. It's illegal.

Related Questions

It depends on your school's financial aid policy, but an EFC of zero will most likely get you the maximum need-based financial aid in terms of grants. A family unable to contribute to their child's college expenses may not have the credit to cosign a student loan, but it may not be necessary since you will likely qualify for enough grants to cover expenses. Merit-based financial aid is a different story entirely, but you may be able to make up some of your expenses with that as well.

it is a situation where income is not enough to meet the running expenses(operating expenses) of the business

When filing your taxes, you can take the standard deduction or check to see if you have enough deductible expenses to make itemizing worthwhile. In many cases, itemizing is the best option. To see if you have enough expenses, total them and compare them to the standard deduction.

Many people work and go to school as a student. Working is a way many students pay for college. Often student loans and financial aid are not enough to cover college tuition and expenses.

When the money coming in (revenue) is not enough to cover expenses.

Yes you can, My younger sister just enrolled in a beauty school in our area, and upon her acceptance they actually filled out all of her financial aid paperwork for her! She was approved for more than enough to cover her 9 months of schooling!

Some financial experts feel that people should start with $1,000 dollars as an emergency fund. The goal is to have enough to cover all of your expenses for at least a month or two.

revenue is what pays the expenses of running the business and hopefully you can even make enough revenue above expenses to make a profit

As a noun: The recompense they offered wasn't enough to cover my basic expenses. As a verb: I will recompense any expenses for which you send receipts.

it depends on which college and which sport

Sainsbury's ultimate financial objective is to obtain enough money to invade china

These would be tax deductible under Medical Expenses on Schedule A if you have enough expenses to overcome the threshold and itemize. You cannot use any medical expenses that are reimbursed or paid for by insurance.

That's a high "B" average, but not quite a B+. Good enough for many colleges but not for the Ivy League colleges.

The best site is US news. They provide not only a list of accredited colleges but also their rankings. Start there and if it is not enough, there are books.

If one should furnish enough money to live on, they need to make sure they have enough for money food and day to day living expenses. They also need to have enough money to pay for housing.

Making their prices low enough so people want to buy products there but making their prices high enough to pay expenses.

Budgeting is finding out if you make enough money to live on. You can create a budget by making a list of expected expenses. Then write down how much you spend on each expense a month. Subtract the total of expenses from your income.

College expenses are steadily increasing, and more students are looking for assistance in the form of financial aid to help pay for college costs. Students seeking government assistance to help pay for college expenses must complete the FAFSA. The application can be completed online or by mail. If a student is awarded money, payment is made directly to the student's school to pay for tuition and related expenses. The federal government offers several forms of financial aid, including grants, loans, and work study.GrantsStudents who complete the FAFSA and meet income requirements may qualify for federal and state grants, which do not have to be repaid. The federal government offers several grant programs, including the Pell Grant, the Federal Supplemental Grant, the Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, the TEACH grant, and the Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant. The specific requirements for each grant vary. The school informs a student of the grants received in a financial aid award letter.LoansIn some circumstances, a student does not receive enough grant money to pay all of his expenses. Another option offered when completing the FAFSA is a student loan, which students must repay. Two primary loan programs are offered to students, which include the subsidized loan and the unsubsidized loan. A subsidized loan does not begin to accrue interest until after the student is no longer enrolled in school. An unsubsidized loan accrues interest while the student is enrolled in college.Work StudyAnother form of financial aid is the federal work study program. This program provides part-time jobs to students to earn money while enrolled in college. The program limits the amount of hours a student can work per week. Your school pays you directly for the hours you work through the work study program. Students make at least the current minimum wage, but some jobs pay higher wages. Students receive work schedules that fit around their classes.

The company's revenue was up for the last three quarters. The state had enough revenue to meet the expenses.

No. Unless the non-financial value was more than enough to offset the expected financial loss.

If you go to the website you will see a list of colleges and alot of background information on what they provide. I bet you will find a college good enough to meet your expectations.

It depends on what colleges in what area. Also it depends on what career field. Try looking up some surveys and charts dealing that show their ability.

i will definitely need it to be as small as possible since it will determine actual amount of net expenses i must pay.also in the short term i might not have enough cash for such expenses

Honestly, I don't think you can get any good college as per your rank in upsee is not good enough for govt. colleges or any good private college. But you can get mediocre colleges in that rank for sure. Better try hard next year.

No. The only expenses to join the Peace Corps would be doctor's expenses as you apply, since you they need to know your medical history. Once you are accepted, they pay for your transportation to a U.S. pre-departure staging and airfare to the country you're serving in. You receive a stipend as you volunteer, which is enough to cover your basic expenses.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.